Which style of fighter you prefer?

Fights who fight to finish. Doesn't matter what style--standup or grappler.

agressive bjj fighters, aka aoki. Dream type fighter however is an aggressive bjj fighter with good enough striking so that they dont have to pull guard.

Basically an ok/good striking bjj guy that is aggressive on the ground.

The alpha male style. Good wrestler with heavy hands and good chokes.
Also love tony fergusons style. Aggressive striker with nasty jitz

My favorite of all time is the Chute Boxe style from Pride. Now I'm more into the striker with a bjj background like Aldo, and I love that Werdum has improved his striking so much. I've also tended to like wrestlers that find power and the fall in love with their power and forget about wrestling until the realize they need their wrestling, i.e. Koscheck

The alpha male style. Good wrestler with heavy hands and good chokes.
Also love tony fergusons style. Aggressive striker with nasty jitz

I do not think very highly of the Alpha Male team but credit where credit is do... Them short fucks changed the choke game in MMA for sure. Its not that they are good at them... they literally changed how they are used in the sport.

I don't care, as long as they're aggressive.

If you take someone to the wall and are aggressively using elbows and knees, or are on the ground and hammering them with elbows and punches, or aggressively passing guard and moving into sub positions or attempting to sweep it's just as entertaining as a wild swinging fight.

Watching 2 fighters LnP, or wall stall, or dance around each other for round after round afraid to commit to a combination are all equally crappy to me.

I agree mostly with this. I like a lot of different styles and typically if they are aggressive I will like them. As long as they aren't aggressive to get the clinch/takedown then stall.

I don't care, as long as they're aggressive.

If you take someone to the wall and are aggressively using elbows and knees, or are on the ground and hammering them with elbows and punches, or aggressively passing guard and moving into sub positions or attempting to sweep it's just as entertaining as a wild swinging fight.

Watching 2 fighters LnP, or wall stall, or dance around each other for round after round afraid to commit to a combination are all equally crappy to me.

This. Great fighters have many different styles. I like the ones who attack. It doesn't have to be wild or reckless, slow and methodical work just as well for me. But point fighting is less interesting to me, unless executed at elite levels.

I like elite level strikers who use both their fists and feet.

The "American" style - Wrestler who grinds out rounds, has great cardio/athleticism and cage control, not very inventive though.

Nova Uniao style - Brazilian with creative striking and good jiu jitsu, hard leg kicks but usually shitty cardio

those are the two most common "breeds" I see in MMA, you prefer to watch?

None......Nick Diaz 209 Stockton Slap . Bring it Brawler. Don't RUN away don't be scared Homie. Combos for days. Takes shots to give em. World class BJJ. Trains by day Joe Rogan podcast by night. ALL DAY

A mix of those two, without the weaknesses. I like anybody who can effectively stick & move, as well as once they land and hurt their opponent with a good, ideally surprising combo: just never stop until they are pulled off by the ref.

When it comes to well known and modern fighters, I like Robbie Lawler's style of fighting, as well as Frankie Edgar, Carlos Condit, Matt Brown, Stipe Miocic, Fabricio Werdum, and Jon Jones.

All time I really liked Sudo, Saku, Prime Rua bros, Fedor & Aleks.

A fighter who stays active both on the feet and on the ground, doesn't intend to coast or stall. No fence leaning, no half-guard smothering, no jabbing&running. I guess all fighters I support (in my sig) are fitting this conception with the exception of current Cro Cop who sometimes resorts to just circling and staring at the opponent.

I like to watch agressive counter fighters.

The "Irish" style - Irish fighters who usually open the fight with a well timed spinning back kick, and display great creative striking. Often are not great at wrestling but have cool tattoos.

The "Irish" style - Irish fighters who usually open the fight with a well timed spinning back kick, and display great creative striking. Often are not great at wrestling but have cool tattoos.

not to be confused with the "irish hand grenade" style which is Welsh and not Irish and has a website that looks like a St. Paddy's day parade blew up on it.

Back