Which states produce the best high school wrestlers? Top 5

Rayrobinson#1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If you had to guess which states produce the best wrestlers what would it be?

Iowa, Penn., Ca., ???

PA, NJ, CA, OH, #5 varies and is debatable. The rest do not and are not.

They don't produce as many all-americans (in both high school and college) as the four I listed. Some years they're that 5th team, some years, MN, OK, and the occasional IL, NY, FL, VA, MI produce more top wrestlers. But the bottom line is that despite the tradition of the university teams in Iowa, the state itself doesn't produce nearly as many top competitors as NJ, PA, OH, and CA. Obviously, the size of the states is a factor here (as is culture, demographics etc.), but that's not what this thread is about.

South Dakota.

I swear at least 9 state champions from there went to the J Robinson Wrestling Camp last year.

Best HIGH SCHOOL....wrestlers...look at senior national results, Fargo results every year. Ohio, Pa, California, and NJ are the top 4 most years.

Virginia... cause thats where i am =) (jk sorta, more of a grappler than just a wrestler)

PA, OH,NJ (Blair Academy) MI did well @ 2008 senior nationals 2nd most total high school all americans. and only state to have two college teams in top ten in nation UM and centeral michigan. not t0o mention the hame of brett metcallf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back