Which song is worse? (UFC theme songs)

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2 cringy reminders of an era when nu metal was considered cool (or was it? It was always lame with the crowd I hung out with)

Face the Pain - Stemm

The Ultimate Fighter song

I'd go with the TUF song as slightly more cringy for the artist attempting to rap. "Bear witness to the fitness of the modern warrior". <45>

I want to know whose idea was it for nu metal to be the soundtrack to the UFC. Was this Dana's decision?

Careful, TS. The arrested development crowd will tear you a new one.

Nu metal sent white guy rappers back 10 years. For the longest time Eminem was the only one who could put out songs without being laughed at.

Its amazing how bad that TUF song is,holy fuckin shit. Its like they took 5 mins to write it.

<45>

I want to know whose idea was it for nu metal to be the soundtrack to the UFC. Was this Dana's decision?
Because in the beggining,before MMA was more mainstream,they tried to cater to the "alternative" people who didnt care if it was mainstream to tune in for the blood n guts.

I am glad this era is over lol.

FTP is trashy, but it fits UFC so well. Its engrained in me, when i hear it... shits about to go down. Just like when i hear mariachi music, i know...its either going to be a boxing match or i am about to eat something tasty.

Nu metal sent white guy rappers back 10 years. For the longest time Eminem was the only one who could put out songs without being laughed at.
Hollywood Undead has some pretty good tracks.

At least compared to this shit

I gotta respect nu-metal because it was a stepping stone for a lot of kids and teens like myself to get into actual metal.

Late 90's early 00's was a different time, and pop-punk & nu-metal was the sound of youth for many of us. I look back at it fondly, even if most of the time it's laughable.

Those of us who grew up during that time get transported back to the summer's at the waterpark / amusement park / skatepark with that shit blasting...

Unfortunately, Face The Pain is not one of those songs and pretty much only exists as 'that UFC song'. I guess by the time the UFC chose to go the nu-metal route, the giant bands had already been established and they would have to pay top dollar for a song by Linkin Park, Slipknot, System of a Down, Korn, POD, etc. so they went with some no-name generic band that replicated the sound.

Here is the story behind the UFC and the song. Apparently the UFC was using a whole bunch of that band's songs during promos, weigh-ins, etc.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11...rview-history-music-zuffa-dana-ortiz-shamrock

Last edited:
people turn who knock nu metal make me laugh. It was the last form of rebellious rock n roll movements to have mainstream success.

Today we got mumble rap. fucking mumble rap.

That being said all I need right now is this

Back