Which series do you like better, Battlefield or Call of Duty?

Which series do you like better?

• Total voters
Neither. Both are simplistic shooters designed for controller systems.

I could never get into the mouse and keyboard controls to play video games. I think it's because I started off playing video games in the mid 80's with an Atari 2600 then an NES to a Genesis etc... I also never had a computer until I was 20 years old and got one for my job when I worked for the cable company.

When I was in the Army and over in Kuwait in 2006 the guys in my squad and I would network our laptops and play Farcry and Battlefield and I fucking hated it, because I couldn't get used to the controls. I really wanted to like it but It just wasn't fun to me.

Call of Duty 4 is best FPS ever IMO.

Battlefield was always too clunky and big maps for me. Plus vehicles is just dumb and not balanced at all IMO.

How is driving a tank, jet, helicopter "dumb "? And how are you supposed to balance vehicles? That's the point. They're not balanced. You want an apache to be balanced?? As opposed to what?

Last good cod was mw2. Call of Duty has become the laughing stock of the gaming world. The last 3 or 4 have just been fucking awful while battlefield has been reaching new heights.

battlefield series the whole way, tho I do see merits that CoD had aside from zombies ((Which should have been its own game)) in BF tho....theres nothing funner and more gratifying that knifing people and taking their tags.....that goes double if its a sniper

battlefield series the whole way, tho I do see merits that CoD had aside from zombies ((Which should have been its own game)) in BF tho....theres nothing funner and more gratifying that knifing people and taking their tags.....that goes double if its a sniper

tbh I hate the knife kill animations in BF. It works both ways bro. It's the ultimate satisfaction, but also the ultimate terror. My ego can't handle being knifed (And possibly teabagged) so I've become a nervous wreck in BF

In COD getting knifed is like whatever. CSGO it's not even a threat so I play completely helaxed

How is driving a tank, jet, helicopter "dumb "? And how are you supposed to balance vehicles? That's the point. They're not balanced. You want an apache to be balanced?? As opposed to what?
You're just proving my point, vehicles don't belong in balanced FPS games. That's why competitive Halo never has them in, that's the only other main FPS that I can think of that uses a lot of vehicles.

When tanks were in COD5 everyone hated it.

Call of Duty is a way better pure FPS than clunky ass battlefield where half the players dick around in vehicles and the other half sit with a sniper in the very back of the map.

Call of Duty 4 is the last great FPS, no battlefield game has even come close to selling as many copies are garnering as much rave reviews and support after release. For that reason I think COD is easily better than battlefield.

Seriously this shouldn't even be a debate but is because people love bashing COD, Call of Duty jump started the entire YouTube commentator/streaming scene that fuels video games today. All the first commentators on YouTube played call of duty and it remained the most popular game for years and years. Battlefield had no effect like that, COD literally brought gaming to the next level and introduced commentating.

Seriously sounds like hyperbole but COD made Machinima Respawn and almost single handidly started the YouTube/twitch/JustinTV gaming boom. For that reason alone the franchise's influence way outreaches anything Battlefield did.

Last edited:
tbh I hate the knife kill animations in BF. It works both ways bro. It's the ultimate satisfaction, but also the ultimate terror. My ego can't handle being knifed (And possibly teabagged) so I've become a nervous wreck in BF

In COD getting knifed is like whatever. CSGO it's not even a threat so I play completely helaxed
hehehe

thats why I target snipers....it demoralizes the heck out of them....you get a sniper twice in one match and they suddenly get very nervous about being scoped in

its along the same lines of landmining the enemy base and make them nervous about driving out in vehicles and c4ing tanks lol
psych warfare, Battlefield

MW 1 and 2 are my favorites of both series, but MW 2 was also the last time I liked a cod game. All of the BF games have been at least ok. They need to make Bad Company 3 already though

You're just proving my point, vehicles don't belong in balanced FPS games. That's why competitive Halo never has them in, that's the only other main FPS that I can think of that uses a lot of vehicles.

When tanks were in COD5 everyone hated it.

Call of Duty is a way better pure FPS than clunky ass battlefield where half the players dick around in vehicles and the other half sit with a sniper in the very back of the map.

Call of Duty 4 is the last great FPS, no battlefield game has even come close to selling as many copies are garnering as much rave reviews and support after release. For that reason I think COD is easily better than battlefield.

Seriously this shouldn't even be a debate but is because people love bashing COD, Call of Duty jump started the entire YouTube commentator/streaming scene that fuels video games today. All the first commentators on YouTube played call of duty and it remained the most popular game for years and years. Battlefield had no effect like that, COD literally brought gaming to the next level and introduced commentating.

Seriously sounds like hyperbole but COD made Machinima Respawn and almost single handidly started the YouTube/twitch/JustinTV gaming boom. For that reason alone the franchise's influence way outreaches anything Battlefield did.

You do realize that battlefield can be played without vehicles right? Totally nullifies your argument right there.

War isnt balanced. You want to say it's a better pure fps yet it's the game that's most unlike real warfare.

BRB dual wielding smgs with a jet pack and speed boost perk.

BRB spray n praying with no skill what so ever.

Battlefield is the furthest thing from "clunky ". Not even sure where you're getting that from.

Battlefield is based on fucking realism and that's why it's so great. Mobbing with a squad where everyone is playing a role. You're running from a building watching your sniper on the top floor taking people out, suddenly a helicopter slams into the building collapsing it as you flee the scene. An enemy tank pops up over the hill and pins your squad down with superior fire power. Suddenly a friendly engineer appears and takes the tank out with multiple rpg rounds as the tank frantically tries to escape.

Moments like I described above are completely common place in battlefield and they're absolutely amazing. It's war realism on a massive scale and cod can't even come close to it.

If you want competitive balanced multi-player in bf it's readily available and many people play it. Hardcore mode w/ no vehicles on smaller maps. Done.

BF2 was and is my peak fps experience. You can still play it online for free.

Any recommendations of better series in the genre?

Large scale PvP wise Squad at the moment: http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

If you like PvE the new Arma3 expansion is good with an adequate Zeus(Dungeon Master).

CSGO is the undisputed king of all competitive FPS's. If you truly wise to test yourself this is where you go.

I could never get into the mouse and keyboard controls to play video games. I think it's because I started off playing video games in the mid 80's with an Atari 2600 then an NES to a Genesis etc... I also never had a computer until I was 20 years old and got one for my job when I worked for the cable company.

When I was in the Army and over in Kuwait in 2006 the guys in my squad and I would network our laptops and play Farcry and Battlefield and I fucking hated it, because I couldn't get used to the controls. I really wanted to like it but It just wasn't fun to me.

Our transitions were different. Like you i had a commodore, Atari, NES, PS and so on from the mid-80's till late 90's. In High School ('94-'98) i took CADKEY for all four years. So i was accustomed to using quick mouse movements in rapid succession. When i went to my Uncle/Aunt house for Christmas in 1999 my cousin had CS installed on his Pc. This was also the time that cable based internet was being introduced to Long Island. So i got to experience first hand true multiplayer at 19 years old.

Only thing i disliked was the default keys for movement; A, W, D. Once i got Half Life and the mods installed on my Pc in 2000 first thing i changed was movement to Q, W, E. An to this day i still use these keys for movement.

Im also experiencing the opposite of you. I bought the Steam Controller last Fall. Trying to play a third person view game that has a free roaming camera i find to be a nightmare. The hand positions required to alter the camera position on the controller feel unnatural.

The last COD game i bought and kept was Black Ops 2. I didn't love it but it was decent enough to play every now and then, after that though i just wasn't a fan anymore. It kind of sucks because i loved COD from the first Modern Warfare and i thought Black Ops 1 was terrific. I've tried BF 4 and Hardline but couldn't really get into them as much as i could the older COD's, so I went with COD. If i play anything now i just hop on the 360 and Black Ops 1. I will at least rent BF 1 and the new COD.

Honestly I don't think BF has been all that good since Bad Company 2 either. I don't know what it is, but I had a hard time getting into 3 and 4

Battlefield is 1000x better & always has been.

I miss Bad Company :(

Can't beat those random ''only in Battlefield'' moments of chaos.

Nailing an aircraft with a RPG or tank shell still makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Also prefer the gun mechanics in BF. Bullets actually act somewhat like bullets not laser beams.

call of duty without question. BF has some great ideas and maps and play styles but the mechanics/ gunplay is just terrible

hehehe

thats why I target snipers....it demoralizes the heck out of them....you get a sniper twice in one match and they suddenly get very nervous about being scoped in

its along the same lines of landmining the enemy base and make them nervous about driving out in vehicles and c4ing tanks lol
psych warfare, Battlefield

I love sniping honestly it is a great feeling popping fools off especially the ones that keep going back to the same spot. I'm constantly moving when I snipe and spotting things for my team mates.

I don't play either anymore but Battlefield by a country mile.

I fucking hate Call of Duty. The last CoD that I played and really liked was World at War.

Back