Which School Lunch from Around the Would you Pick?

They were one dollar back in the early 90's. An additional quarter bought you a milk, chocolate or regular.

Oh, I got confused with your last post. It was basically cheaper compared to food outside. Yeah, it should be this way still. If you seen my previous post, price are similar in Singapore. But we don't have milk that cheap :( Cheapest drink we have are 50cents, which is like 40 cents USD. Soy milk.

Pretty sure everything is doubled now.

korea looked pretty good except it seemed to lack meat.

Does anybody recollect "boneless rib day?" It was essentially a McRib without the bun and sauce. I didn't mind the lunches because I was on the poor side, but they weren't healthy from the nutrition angle. The fruit salad was always the fructose-enriched canned stuff.

yep i remember that. didnt even know what a mcrib was back then.

i actually kinda like fruit cocktail :)

I would say that a dollar and a quarter for what we received was a great deal in the 90's. Early on in grade school I would bring in my own lunch. I had either a pbj or a turkey sandwich, a few potato chips, fruit snack, and a hi-c. I went with that for a few years but, I switched over to school lunches. School lunches had variety because every day brought something new, and it filled you up. If it did not, you were allowed to have seconds. Sure, the food may have looked sub-par, but it tasted A-ok and was quite filling for the price.

Corn dogs, hoagies, fritters, pizza, salisbury steak, sloppy joes, chicken patties, mac and smokies, spaghetti, chop suey...and that was just the mains! Don't even get me started on the desserts. Brownie/pudding day always put us on cloud nine, really amping us up for kick-ball (we had an extra long recess during lunch break). The variety was fairly eclectic, and we ate like kings I tell you.

Tbh the American lunch pictures look better than what we used to get.

On the strength of the Banana alone things are improving.

I'm sure 95% of working adult Americans (those not provided with lunch) would love to be offered school lunch at their workplace. I mean a buck or 2 for a well rounded meal and milk. Hell yea.

Yea there were some hits and misses, but for the price I wouldn't complain.

I don't remember my lunches looking as bad as the one in that photo. Why did you choose the worst pic for USA? France would probably win looking at the photos.

I don't like fish so that seems to rule out a bunch of those countries' shitty lunches. The Korean food looks like shit to me. In that one photo for France, are french fries, part of which look to be covered in bird shit, the main course? I'm not a fan of the artichoke nor mussels, so that one is pretty meh to me.

I just started working in a school. This past fall. The lunches do not look like that. Though not alot better.

Yo, wtf...

enhanced-buzz-19036-1302805889-17.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19037-1302805905-24.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19035-1302805914-24.jpg

enhanced-buzz-19039-1302805895-19.jpg

Is that grey stuff at the top supposed to resemble meat? This is pretty much child cruelty here, anyone putting their kid through that instead of making a packed lunch doesn't deserve kids.

Singapore and Korea looks very nice.
The American lunch looks terrifying.

All I could buy back in high school were subs with cheese, lettuce and ham or meatball subs.
And butt loads of stroopwafels.

I just brought lunch from home mostly.

Singapore of Slovakia based on what I saw.

Some of those are really sad.

Here's what the lunch looks like in Puerto Rico:

comedores-escolares130308.jpg

buzzfeed is blocked at work, will look when i get home.

yeah thats what i thought, quail or something. could be cheese but thatd be shit in a nice dish like that. them asians have a weird palet

YEah I'd go with quail, it looks pretty nice. The picked veg especially.

Back