Which Reem has a better chance of beating JDS ? Ubereem or Econoreem

Curious as to how you got these assumptions. Up until the third Cain fight and Stipe JDS has a good range of striking weapons. He's also way too tough for Overeem imo. He can eat Reem's biggest shots and if he lands his own Reem will fold like he has a tendency to do. Also I think Overeem is a better overall grappler than JDS, so if anyone got subbed i'd think it would be JDS.

He's a troll. I wouldn't even reply to him. Anyone with eyes can see JDS has a complete striking arsenal in his hands.

He's a troll. I wouldn't even reply to him. Anyone with eyes can see JDS has a complete striking arsenal in his hands.

True, but yet he thinks JDS will sub Overeem? Grappling is honestly the only place I feel Overeem has an advantage, no matter how slight it is.

True, but yet he thinks JDS will sub Overeem? Grappling is honestly the only place I feel Overeem has an advantage, no matter how slight it is.

He was saying he wouldn't be surprised if Overeem took JDS down and subbed him(jds)

I think EconoReem, EconoReem could clinch him for 3 rounds, use knees, leave no distance. JDS has shown holes in his game in the past few years, he continually backs up with his hands down and circles away to his left, creating oppenings for a orthodox straight right or overhand right.

His clinch game sucks, against Cain he just contiuallly waited for an oppening to load up and got pushed against the fence everytime where he had no answer for relentless pressure, he wasn't able to get any reversals or creating any space or oppenings from the clinch, in the rematch he showed absolutely no different approach or improvements.

His BJJ is still questionable, his TDD is still top notch but we haven't see him challenged by a guy who can exploit takedown opportunities from the clinch, he could have fits with an elite judoka or greco wrestler. Reem is decent at timing takedowns and is one of the strongest guys out there, it's possible he may be able to achieve what Cain couldn't from the clinch and work for trips, Reems overall grappling ability is criminally underrated and I don't see JDS getting any reversals, escapes or sub attempts from the bottom.

I think Reems kickboxing type guard leaves him to exposed for a guy like JDS to capatilize on, if he doesn't play it safe, JDS is too quick and Reems striking defense is way too exposed for a guy like JDS not to take opportunity off...if he trades with him for 3 rounds I don't see it ending well for Reem considering his average chin vs JDS concrete chin and both their lack of defensive movement and guard.

Ubereem would fare better, imo. He'd need to bully and pressure JDS with his striking/clinching, or JDS would be unloading on him, and AO doesn't have the chin or the heart to weather that.

Any version of AO loses to JDS though.

JDS has a better chin, better hands and their cardio is about equal now.

Reem has better everything else: kicks, knees, elbows, TD's, clinch and all around bottom game.

JDS has just about literally a punchers chance.

JDS has a better chin, better hands and their cardio is about equal now.

Reem has better everything else: kicks, knees, elbows, TD's, clinch and all around bottom game.

JDS has just about literally a punchers chance.

If you believe this, then you don't know what the term "punchers chance" means.

Uber :(

Overeem plz win.

LIE!!!

Overeem beat Werdum,Vitor and was easily handling Crocop until he quit. JDS is absolutely overrated as the only person of any significance that he has beat is Cain and Cain then came back to smash JDS all over the octagon.

Overeem hasn't fought Cain yet.

JDS beat the guys you mentioned excluding Vitor of course. In a much more dominating fashion I might add.

His defence in MMA was never really great, hence having success vs guys like Werdum who lacked power and Brock who lacked technique and heart but they losing to a number of more powerful strikers.

I definitely feel lighter and faster is his best route to success vs JDS and honestly I'm not sure this effects his power THAT much as his boxing has never been his big weapon in MMA, knees and kicks have and actually having more speed can often increase there power.

I would disagree that JDS can't be bullied, I think his big weakness is that yes he can be bullied if you fight in the correct fashion. not giving him space to throw those big looping shots. The issue is that he's not easy to run over and finish, if Overeem beats him up in the clinch against the cage like Cain did it will need to be a prolonged thing most likely.

We agree except in the bullying part. You are thinking, of course, of the Cain fights. Cain can bully pretty much anyone in the world, because his wrestling and cardio allow him to apply an insane amount of pressure. The Werdum fight is a question mark, but for another time.

I think JDS isn't an easy guy to bully in that sense. Few fighters could do that, and thaT kind of pressure fighting is very taxing, and not really the route for someone with a very mediocre gas tank as Overeem. However, I agree in that the key to success lies in shortening the distance to avoid his hooks and uppers. However, rather than undergo a sustained clinch war, which is very taxing both ways, Overeem actually has a great shot at taking this fight to the ground and controlling JDS from the top. He is big, has very good technique, and JDS hasn't shown much ability from the bottom.

Back