which punch generates most power?

punchout-nes1.png

Straight right (or straight left for lefties). When thrown correctly, I think that's the hardest punch.

Straight power hand cross to the chin/jaw from an angle. The head is going to crook and that person is going to be concussed.

It obviously depends on the person, but it's usually the rear overhand or the lead hook.

I would say straight right (or left from southpaw) generates most power. Hooks and uppercuts are imo better KO punches because uppercut comes from blind angle and hook rotates the skull to very weak direction while cross doesn't rotate the head at all and drives where the head/neck is strongest.
This is with boxers though, MMA guys don't seem to know straight punches at all.

what does it matter really? the one with the most power is the one you can align the kinetic chain with the right timing

If your just talking about the punch that you can put the most force into it would be the lead straight/hook/overhand as with these punches you are throwing your whole body and weight into it.

power comes from the feet, through the core, and out the arm.

it doesnt matter what punch it is. as long as the timing of the mechanics is right.

people naming punches shows to me that majority of martial artists are hung up on names and not how the human body operates

The one you don't see coming sure seems like the most powerful. Liddell and Rampage had some absolute monster overhands where they could get their whole body, even their asses, involved in launching it. That's the one that KO's anybody.

power comes from the feet, through the core, and out the arm.

it doesnt matter what punch it is. as long as the timing of the mechanics is right.

people naming punches shows to me that majority of martial artists are hung up on names and not how the human body operates

According to joe Frazier it's the uppercut. He prob knew a thing or two.

Rip

Back