Which Pettis bro had the better comeback against a karateka?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Anthony down 0-2

Sergio down 0-3

Wonderboy gets Superman punch KO stiffens

FFvaMmcWQAMIqI6

Kyoji gets spinning backfist KO stiffens laid out for minutes

FFvaMmcXEAIQ86n

Exposing the weak defense in the pocket of most karatekas.

What are you guys talking about? It was a spinning backfist after a ducked headkick for the world title. I didn't see the fight but if Sergio was down 0-3, that's a much better comeback

Anthony's was cool as fuck too, but it was a bit more conventional.

First thought is WB - Pettis but on a second thought, objectively it has to be lil bro-Guchi

a) Guchi is a better pound for pound fighter than WB and just as good at striking if not better, but much more well rounded

b) Guchi was wiping the floor with Pettis for three rounds, whereas WB may have been winning, but Pettis was hanging in there and he came prepared. Sergio looked completely outclassed, and looked as bad as anyone has in a world title fight.

c) It was for the world title fight won in a championship round over a real world champ in that weight class, validating his previous win.

d) Anthony is a finisher. Sergio is not, which made that even more unlikely.

e) It's a better ko.

Last edited:
that backfist didnt even look like it connected, crazy. It was lucky punch imo and Horiguchi destroys him in rematch
That headkick rolling off in the position/way it did I think really let him know the spacing was correct

Both lose the rematches
Anthony was getting lit up pretty bad and looked like he didn't even belong in that weight class and didn't even win a single ww fight after right? So I pick him

Lucky shots are always debatable in sports, you know, but all I will say is, Pettis looked like a dogshit for the entire fight before that single shot. Likely the worst performance in a single world title fight, at least one of, until that.

At least Anthony actually put up a decent effort until that superman punch. I wouldn't say he was winning, but he was hanging in there.

Sergio was getting dominated 4 and a half rounds and got the KO

All the credits in the world to Sergio, but I really thought he looked absolutely terrible. But maybe this will galvanize him going forward, and maybe this is a start of better things for Sergio.

Sergio IMO cause who he did it against a better fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back