Which one of these would make the best book cover?

#5.

1 looks like a christmas book.

2 and 3 look like cheesy young adult mystery books with an art design that has been done extensively

4 is just a little too rough a sketch to really get a feel for compared to the others.

#5 defenitely grabs the attention the most along with the fact it seems like it has nothing to do with either pilgrims or snow which might make me want to read the back of the book to see what the hell is going on.

I'd say two, but lose the snowflakes.

2nd: #2 (minus the stupid bubbles/snowflakes around the sides. Bonus points for looking like it was published/drawn in the late 70's/early to mid 80's).

My sentiments exactly.

either number 1 or number 2 both are really good. Number 5 looks too angsty unless that is what you're going for.

1, 2 and 5 because he forced the fight.

Seriously though, those are the best. I actually like 1 quite a bit even if it seems quite different than the rest. 5 has the most potential if done right.

#5.

1 looks like a christmas book.

The first one is the most clear, I think the "Christmas" look could be remedied by changing out the red for a different color, like green.

It's set around New Years yes. The snow is important since, well for one at least, it explains why the main characters don't just hop on a bus the whole way across the city. Also snow imagery is magical, and that's the kind of theme I'm going for. The timing of New Year is also an important ingredient in the story too. If I describe the book simply in one sentence, I'd say it's Lord of the Rings in a modern city without any literal magic.

new pics...

14nl7qf.jpg

htih5c.jpg

112d307.jpg

Back