Which one of these would make the best book cover?

It's a tie for me between 1 and 5. What's it about ?

2, the title isn't doing much for me though

What's the genre? That's important to know in making my picks.

I am withholding my pick until you give us some idea of what this is about.

I am withholding my pick until you give us some idea of what this is about.

I heard it's a rip off of yours, the essential difference is the main character flips silver dollars, wears a scarf, and rides a fixer.

for religious exploration he snorts massive amounts of borax -thus the title "Pilgrim Snow"

:icon_chee

I heard it's a rip off of yours, the essential difference is the main character flips silver dollars, wears a scarf, and rides a fixer.

for religious exploration he snorts massive amounts of borax -thus the title "Pilgrim Snow"

If that's the case, I pick #2.

Depends on the story, but i'd probably gravitate towards number 1 if i was browsing bookshop shelves. Makes me think there's some kind of specially-skilled hermit in there who's gonna end up going on some kind of cool journey.

Can you tell i've been reading a lot of fantasy-epics recently?

Its got to be 2

What's the genre? That's important to know in making my picks.

Homeless people go on an adventure ... would be the gist of it. I'd place it as a mystery, but it's not a mystery story. I can't place the genre which is why I have to make it an Ebook now. The first question an agent always asks is "what genre" and I can't answer that in a simple way.

It is a mystery story though. The problem is people automatically assume mystery to mean murder-mystery, which is a sub-genre of mystery. When I label it a mystery people automatically assume it's going to be a murder mystery.

Homeless people go on an adventure ... would be the gist of it. I'd place it as a mystery, but it's not a mystery story. I can't place the genre which is why I have to make it an Ebook now. The first question an agent always asks is "what genre" and I can't answer that in a simple way.

It is a mystery story though. The problem is people automatically assume mystery to mean murder-mystery, which is a sub-genre of mystery. When I label it a mystery people automatically assume it's going to be a murder mystery.

I'd just label it as a mystery, unless there is some other theme that is just as prevalent.

I'm not really seeing a consensus here so I'm leaning toward a mix of 2 and 4.

Which sounds best: Pilgrim Snow, Vagrant Story, Vagrant Snow, Vagrant Tale?

Understand my brother has to change this every time I change the name.

I like number 5 the most but the cover must depend on the content.

Judging from what you said about the book I'd say #2 fits the most, but I like the colours of #3. Maybe something similar to #3 where it's a close up of the light with the people under it, but still have the city in the background? And Vagrant Snow would be my choice of title. Also, what if you made the people small in the light with their tracks in the snow behind them, which could maybe help showcase the city as a massive labyrinth in the background?

Edit: #5 also jumps out at you, but the skull may be a bit misleading if you're trying to sway away from the image of a murder mystery.

Last edited:
1st: #5 by a landslide. Amazing. I would pick it up just from the cover without reading the title yet. Lots of good energy. Best by far

2nd: #2 (minus the stupid bubbles/snowflakes around the sides. Bonus points for looking like it was published/drawn in the late 70's/early to mid 80's).

Distant 3rd: #1, minus the overly crappy newspaper(?), but the story and writing style must necessarily be amazing to offset the [supposedly purposeful] amateur kiddie look)

The name Pilgrim Snow actually came from a Yoko Kanno song of the same name. Hell if Haruki Murakami can get away with Norwegian wood I should be allowed do this. I've always thought it was the best title for a song I've ever heard, ironically right beside Norwegian Wood.

Well I like murakami so post a link for the ebook once it's finished. I'll keep an eye out for it

How about a snowman with blood on it holding a knife...... instead of the usual smile on a snowman's face it can have a flat line for a mouth. And closed eyes.

Not really feeling the title. It's hard to imagine what kind of story it is with a title like "Vagrant's tale" or "Pilgrim's Story" or "Pilgrim Snow" although the skull cover would help out with that problem.

Good luck on your book though that's awesome congratulations for real.

Back