Which one do you guys think would be the biggest shocking upset in MMA 2019?

Holly beating Amanda would have to be considered crazy. I’m not sure what the actual odds are or will be. But I’d consider it a huge upset. Bigger than anything in the OP. But, that’s just my opinion.
PS Holly Holm was a yuuuge dog vs Rousey.

My point stands. Healy wasn't a top 10 fighter. You can pretend that being ranked number 10 in a list missing the best fighter makes you top 10 though.
If a fighter is ranked 10th, he's in the top 10. Pretty simple..

If a fighter is ranked 10th, he's in the top 10. Pretty simple..

Not when the champion isn't ranked. That's like giving the 4th fastest runner a bronze medal because we are ignoring Usain Bolt.

khabib fighting in 2019 would be pretty shocking tbh
guy talks a lot but fights once every three years and he has to nearly kill himself cutting weight just to fight smaller men

so we found out Khabib losing is a lot more shocking than Jones

I mean, I could easily see santos pulling off the upset with a fluke ko. These guys are heavyweights come fight night with four ounce gloves, one punch can be all it takes. Sooner or later someone will catch bones.

If dustin or max beat khabib I doubt It would be by fluke ko. Max is a volume striker and dustin has some pop but isn't a one punch ko artist either. They would both need to fight a couple rounds in order to beat khabib, that means stuff some tds and push the action, throw combos, etc. It would be more shocking imo, or at least should be.

Brock will knock out DC, then hopefully DC will get a fire lit under him and fight way past his prime so we can see him get knocked out more

if dc had as bad of a chin as chuck liddell or anderson silva it would be very entertaining

You've got that wrong. Khabibs 27-0 is nowhere near as big a deal as it sounds. He has 3 ranked wins ever. He's fought mostly cans. People call Fedor a can crusher. Fedor has 12 top 10 wins. 12. Khabib has 3...

Jones' loss is from beating the shit out of someone. It's bogus. He is the most flawless fighter ever p4p and his record is hilariously more impressive than Khabibs. And I absolutely despise Jon Jones.

The question isn't about who's resume is better, its about which loss would be more surprising.

An argument can be made that because Jones runs through people with ease, he's more likely to have a mental slip and underestimate Santos. Whereas Poirier and Max are both real threats to Khabib, he'll be in his best form. Khabib is also more disciplined outside the cage and its harder to envision him having a steep drop off. End of the day, I think i agree with you that Jones loss would be more surprising. But its closer than you think.

Anyone beating JJ (ever) is the biggest upset ever. He's the GOAT, imo.

I agree but khabibs 27-0 is kind of a big deal
jones already have a loss on his resume.. even though its not really a loss but still

You're looking at the resumes wrong. Being undefeated matters, but what matters most is caliber of opponents faced and defeated.

Jones losing to anyone at LHW would be a bigger upset than Khabib losing at LW. Jones has beaten insane opponents with absolute ease.

Jones has about 15 top 10 wins.
Khabib has about 3 top 10 wins.

20brh9.jpg
The lhw division is weak as fuk. That's almost mma math. The lw is way stronger, to the point that people in top 20 are better fighters than most top 10 lhws. I agree Jones would be a bigger shock because his opponent is far worse a fighter than either max or Dustin. AL want top 10 when they fought but he would be top 10 in that division because it's like hws, barren of real talent.

DC losing to Brock is definitely a bigger upset than Jones losing to anyone, as a huge Jones fan.

Back