Which of this fighters would you give an immediate title shot?

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
if they cut to one weight class below them.

TJ Dillashaw/ Michael Mcdonald Vs Mighty Mouse

Cub Swanson/Ricardo Lamas vs Renan Barao

Josh Thomson/Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Jose Aldo

Tyron Woodley/Carlos Condit vs Anthony Pettis

Vitor Belfort/Jacare Souza vs Johnny Hendricks

Glover Teixeira/Rumble Johnson vs Chris Weidman

JDS/ Travis Brown vs Jon Jones

Also, if all of the above fighters first took a fight vs a scrub at the weight class below them to show that they could make the weight cut and still be healthy, followed by beating a former legend who is ranked in the lower half of the top 10 of their new weight class would that change your opinion? Do any of the above have the current champ have a rematch with a fighter you'd rather see than the weight dropping challenger?

The only one of those fights that's realistic is mayday vs johnson. He says that he actually walks around at lower than 135 and works his way up as he approaches fight night.

Only JDS, although these are hypothetical in the extreme.

Woodley at LW? lol

TJ Dillashaw
Ricardo Lamas
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Tyron Woodley
Vitor Belfort
Rumble Johnson
JDS

For obvious reasons.

Only JDS, although these are hypothetical in the extreme.

Woodley at LW? lol

Ha of course is it hypothetical to the extreme, i'm just trying to get a feel if all these people who say Cormier isn't most worthy of the title fight after the Hendo win would feel the same about other fighters with similar rankings. I get the feeling it has to do with people just not liking him, so I wanted to see if they were open to other fighters getting a chance to "jump the line".

Wasteland in less than 5 minutes, come on, it took me longer than that to type the original post up! :icon_cry2

Ha of course is it hypothetical to the extreme, i'm just trying to get a feel if all these people who say Cormier isn't most worthy of the title fight after the Hendo win would feel the same about other fighters with similar rankings. I get the feeling it has to do with people just not liking him, so I wanted to see if they were open to other fighters getting a chance to "jump the line".

Cormier totally will be after beating Hendo, it's bad luck Shad pulled out as he would have after beating him.

Most of the guys on your list have wins against top five opponents. I think all have top ten wins. There lies a key difference between them and cormier. Therefore, your thread fails.

Back