Which of these 4 MMA Gyms in Thailand

mc2147

White Belt
Reaction score
Phuket Top Team
Tiger Muay Thai
Legacy Gym
AKA Thailand

I'm planning a month-long trip to train MMA in Thailand. Can I get past experiences and comparisons on these 4 gyms?

Dis gon be good....

RegularSevereAffenpinscher.gif

This has been covered many times. Phuket Top Team, Tiger and AKA are all around Soi Ta-Ied. You can easily check out all three if you don't want to immediately commit to one. Never heard of Legacy. 1 month isn't really a lot of time to be honest. I went to Tiger for a few months and took 2x private sessions per day and I found it to be beneficial to my development. A lot of people on this site bash Tiger but to each their own.

This has been covered many times. Phuket Top Team, Tiger and AKA are all around Soi Ta-Ied. You can easily check out all three if you don't want to immediately commit to one. Never heard of Legacy. 1 month isn't really a lot of time to be honest. I went to Tiger for a few months and took 2x private sessions per day and I found it to be beneficial to my development. A lot of people on this site bash Tiger but to each their own.
Stronk first post brah. nice.

For MMA in Thailand I like to rep Fighting Spirit Gym in Bangkok. Great team of Thai, Aussie and American coaches.

For Muay Thai go to Kaewsamrit, Sitmonchai, FA Group, Sitsongpeenong.

Oh yeah, 1 month not long enough btw ;)

For MMA in Thailand I like to rep Fighting Spirit Gym in Bangkok. Great team of Thai, Aussie and American coaches.

For Muay Thai go to Kaewsamrit, Sitmonchai, FA Group, Sitsongpeenong.

Oh yeah, 1 month not long enough btw ;)

Why that place and not the gyms in Phuket?

Thanks for the input guys.
And yeah I know a month isn't long enough, but I only have a month this summer and I'm doing this in preparation for a longer trip (one year) after I graduate.

had a friend I went to college with who moved to BKK for like five years to teach English.

dude trained BJJ the whole time and never did any MT. didn't want to get hit in the face, he said.

never made any sense to me but to each his own...

With tiger you should pay for couple privates. Will have a totally different view on the gym.

Looks like Tiger's marketing is still good, plenty of people want to go there and experience the horrors.

save your money and go to holland. Much better than thailand

Just came back from 4 weeks at Phuket Top Team.

Outside of the pro MMA sessions which you need to have an invite to attend the level is generally between absolute beginner and decent intermediate among those who train. ( In a BJJ perspective between fresh white belt to ok blue belt. )

The instructors are all pretty good but have to accomodate the general level of their students.

There are some really good guys hiding in the mass of students of course.

So, if you're a beginner to decent intermediate in MMA/Thai/NOGI/BJJ/Wrestling/Boxing you'll get tons of new training partners and quality instruction and develop accordingly.

If you're above intermediate level the pro MMA classes and private classes might be your best bet for consistent quality training.

Thaiboxing privates are very cheap and very good IMO.

Back