Which Muay Thai gym should I choose?

Aeilegs

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new to MT and there are two gyms near where I live. I've trained a bit at both, but I really only have time to train about once a week since since I do bjj and judo as well. At one of the gyms the class typically involves a lot of bag rounds and pad rounds, conditioning, and sometimes clinch work, but almost no sparring if any. The workout is pretty hardcore and exhausting, but the downside is the lack of sparring.

The other gym's classes are quite different, with hardly any bag/pad work or conditioning; the instructor starts of by showing some combinations and counters which the class practises, and then there's some sparring. It's less exhausting too, since the first part is technique.

Which one's better? One is a very good workout, the other is more technical and with sparring involved.

I don't really think conditioning should be a deciding factor as that's something you could easily do (well) on your own.

I don't really think conditioning should be a deciding factor as that's something you could easily do (well) on your own.

+1 Do a six mile jog before class or whatever. Or just do the conditioning by yourself on a bag after class.

Back