Which MMA fighter has the highest bench press?

Tank Abbott.

600 Ibs bench press
870 Ibs deadlift

All natural born strength, none of that fake gym strength either.

Ngannou likely has a monster deadlift. He's not built to squat or bench though.

Last edited:
Probably Tank Abbott since he actually used to bench.

Bench press is such a pointless exercise though unless you’re a bodybuilder/strongman competitor. It serves no functional purpose for MMA. I can’t see many fighters lining up to the bench when training. Most fighters don’t even do a lot of heavy lifting.

Ken Shamrock could bench 600 pounds reportedly as well. Seems like a lot but with the way he was built Its not impossible I suppose.

Surprised that Jones was struggling so much with 3 plates. Impressive for the reach for sure but then again he's a professional athlete. At 220 bodyweight or thereabouts that should've been a bit easier to my mind.

But he's plenty strong in the cage so what the fuck do I know.

These threads are always the worst because posters just start trying to subtlety brag about what they lift

Tank Abbott.

600 Ibs bench press
870 Ibs deadlift

All natural born strength, none of that fake gym strength either.
Yeah but if I remember there was also rumors that he was using fake plates. I tend to believe that since those are the same as Pudz numbers, who won worlds strongest man contest 5 times

Bench press is such a pointless exercise though unless you’re a bodybuilder/strongman competitor. It serves no functional purpose for MMA. I can’t see many fighters lining up to the bench when training. Most fighters don’t even do a lot of heavy lifting.
It’s a compound lift. That is far from true. Most fighters probably don’t work on improving their max but a bet an overwhelming majority of them bench

Yeah but if I remember there was also rumors that he was using fake plates. I tend to believe that since those are the same as Pudz numbers, who won worlds strongest man contest 5 times
It could be fake, I honestly don't know. But in fairness to Tank I will say you could see he was incredibly strong in his fights, I remember when he picked up Nelmark and slammed him with such ease and was picking up Worsham and trying to throw him out of the octagon, and of course his punches had huge KO power. Yeah obviously Tank may not be the best fighter ever but he did have huge power. It could be true.. I really don't know.

I'd bet like 1000 dollars that the majority of athletes in any sport where strength is important do some upper pressing movement as part of their S and C.
Though obviously since they are not pure strength athletes, they have no need to press for maximal loads. The question of the thread is a curiosity

Well, People love the nfl combine and ufc fans would love a ufc combine. They have the punch-o-meter device at the PI, why not throw a few more tests in there and add it to the stats.

And Squat and Deadlift
Strength

I remember Frankie could bench teh 315 and he's like 155 pounds so that's pretty impressive

but which MMA fighter has the highest static strength

260lbs juiced to the gills Coleman claimed he could bench 600lbs.

c08a7-15427179667975-800.jpg

425lbs for Kerr.

latest

I know Latifi is into powerlifting more than most fighters, however I don't know his numbers.

If I had to guess i'd say rumble

got me thinking though... I think Nunes could outbench cejudo.

Hard to say without proof. They don't really train for 1 rep maxes (nor should they)

I compete at 132 and 148. I routinely pull 500 + deadlifts in training...
Joanna would beat the ever living fuck out of me. Different sports
Sad lol

Back