Which MMA fighter has the biggest legendary mythical status?

Which MMA fighter has the biggest legendary mythical status?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is not about who's the best fighter, but who has the greatest legendary mythical status of them all.

I'd say Fedor.

2a1cd7585034dff8577059be9625dd78--kettle-bells-fitness-humor.jpg

Fedor pre-Werdum was a mythological folk hero. Haven’t seen that type of aura of invincibility since.

Now, I’d say it’s probably Khabib since he retired undefeated and he’s a part of the biggest fight in MMA history

When I first became interested in the sport it was Anderson Silva having this unbeatable image, I didn't live Fëdor's era so can't really answer the poll.

In Fedor's prime his aura of invincibility was incredible and a sight to behold. He rarely ever had a size advantage over his opponents and beat everyone that was put in front of him with ease.

rickson was like 500-0 (or so people believed) with 900 wins by flying armbar.

so i can't tell if we're talking about their peak hype or current.

Fedor and Anderson were the two that had a legit aura to them at their peaks, with Fedors probably being the strongest. GSP, Jones, Khabib were great fighters but I didnt feel like they quite had that same larger than life feel to them that Fedor and Anderson did.

If you are a longtime mma fan you've seen all your favorite fighters humbled and look like broken men in the cage except for Khabib and Jones. The difference being Jones has looked incredibly beatable his last few fights while Khabib walks away having lost two rounds in his career.

Tell me you are a new fan without actually telling me you are a new fan.
Nah Khabib's a good choice. A guy who left early is perfect for this. It's not gonna be somebody who had a ton of fights or fought into old age.

To me mythical status means mainstream recognition. Everyone knows who Ali or Tyson are. So only Conor, Brock and maybe Ronda would fit the definition.

If the question was the biggest aura for MMA fans, the answer would have been different.

Back