Which martial arts style would the best to start with?

JackBurton said:
I'm sorry could you repeat something, did you just say... NINJA ACADEMY?

Okay , I thought it said ninja academy. But it said

Ninjitsu Martial Arts

Wonder what they teach?

I started in BJJ. Had already done boxing like yourself and still do, but BJJ is definitely my favourite martial art.

Tattooed said:
BJJ = much better ground game.

With gi grappling, I would say a bit better yes. No-gi mma, I would say judo has a better base. Of course it is how you train. Not for thew olympic judo tournies.

A lot of places are starting to teach vale tudo, MMA, or Combat Sambo. They're all the best.

SugarSymo said:
I started in BJJ. Had already done boxing like yourself and still do, but BJJ is definitely my favourite martial art.

How often do you have class?

Gratification said:
A lot of places are starting to teach vale tudo, MMA, or Combat Sambo. They're all the best.

If you can find one, I agree.

With the success of mma you would think alot of people would be changing or adding more to the academy's. But in my area they seem to stay with the traditional karate/taewondo/

They have a vale tudo class at renzo's. I would love to do it but I don't think I can with my current bjj rank.

The place that trains BJJ is part of the gracie network? Does this mean anything or do they just pay the gracies to use their name?

Ninjutsu is pretty much the way of the ninja...they teach you all kinds of crazy ninja stuff like stealth and stuff like that...DEFINATELY bullshit...one of the earlier UFC's had a ninjutsu guy

flydaddy78 said:
The place that trains BJJ is part of the gracie network? Does this mean anything or do they just pay the gracies to use their name?

its possible....

really, you should just do some trial and error...check out all classes.....you should at least be able to take a free one, or sit in and watch a class.....make your own decisions.

it all depends on what your goals/interests are.

I believe BJJ started with the gracies however there are a few derivitaves now.BTW, this will help you a bit www.bjj.org

do judo. and stick with boxing
judo is usually MUCH cheaper than bjj in north america
later, you can take bjj class if you feel that you are ready to move on
then take some muay thai classes as well.
you will be a monster.

pssshhhh, u dont need a school
just do what tank did and use a bar as a dojo

How bout Drunken style kung fu w/aikido? that sounds like a good combo.

I'd say do the Judo and the BJJ if it's feasable for you to travel to both. And if you can't find a MT gym then stick with boxing for your stand up. If you can find a good wrestler to train with, this would be very helpful as well.
I have to travel an hour and a half each way to class but I've found a great gym that offers BJJ, MT, Submission Wrestling, and boxing. I do all except boxing and I think that's probably the best combo if your goal is to fight MMA.

drunkn style is taught at the bar by the way. whitebelts start out w/wine coolers and work they're way up to the hard liquors as black belts

Back