Which martial art would fare best in this scenario?

The Bomb

White Belt
Reaction score
You have to fight a guy who is bigger and stronger than you. He is 5 inches taller and out weighs you by 75 pounds. You have to fight him and dont have a choice. If you could choose only 1 fighting art to be good at which one would it be to defeat this opponent?

I would go with Judo reason being is they could take the guy down and have submissions as well. Bjj would be good but stand up is kind of poor and you don't want a guy 75ounds heavier on top of you. Wrestling is great for control but not submissions.

Boxing may that are good but if the guy gets on top they may be done.

Karate and krav maga not sure about!

Which would you choose?

Arm drag, take the back and rear naked choke.

You have to fight a guy who is bigger and stronger than you. He is 5 inches taller and out weighs you by 75 pounds. You have to fight him and dont have a choice. If you could choose only 1 fighting art to be good at which one would it be to defeat this opponent?

I would go with Judo reason being is they could take the guy down and have submissions as well. Bjj would be good but stand up is kind of poor and you don't want a guy 75ounds heavier on top of you. Wrestling is great for control but not submissions.

Boxing may that are good but if the guy gets on top they may be done.

Karate and krav maga not sure about!

Which would you choose?

Sounds like you don't know much about martial arts.

The one with guns.

Someone always says this but outside of the USA nobody walks around with guns on their person, so in the vast majority of the world this simply isn't an option.

Depends on how explosive you are. Someone with power in their hands would be a serious handful for a bigger guy if they were to blitz him with punches. I learned from previous fights I've had that unless the bigger guy trains in boxing, there's nothing to he can do to avoid any of your punches if you

Someone always says this but outside of the USA nobody walks around with guns on their person, so in the vast majority of the world this simply isn't an option.

Nobody walks around in America with guns either. Very few people are carrying pistols in this country.

Apparently Icelandic people don't walk around with sarcasm detectors on their person.

A gave this troll thread the troll answer it deserves.

Seriously, though, I've done karate (with full-contact sparring) for about 10 years, hap ki do for one or so, boxing/kick boxing intermittently, a brief stint with JJJ, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu for about six months. I've also been doing judo in conjunction with BJJ, but haven't put in nearly as much mat time.

Despite the small slice of my martial arts training that it represents, I have to say that BJJ is EASILY the one that I'd feel most confident in using against someone that much bigger than me. Obviously, that's ignoring any factors that might make ground fighting undesirable, but for 1-on-1 I'd put my money on my jiu-jitsu.

Back