Which lift is your favorite?

As always it seems deadlifts are the overwhelming winner. I will help its landslide victory by saying deadlift as well. Although if it had to be the big 3 + SOHP, then it's a tie between deadlift and SOHP for me.
That's because the only thing that could compare to manhandling a lot of weight in terms of sheer awesomness would be manhandling a lot of weight over your head.

That's because the only thing that could compare to manhandling a lot of weight in terms of sheer awesomness would be manhandling a lot of weight over your head.

The truth. It has been spoken.

Well i squat more than i deadlift so i disagree!

(Trap Bar) Deadlift

My main gym has limited equipment and Deadlifts are the only exercise I can do safely and regularly -even then I have to make room to deadlift. True I could use a spotter for bench, but I don't have a regular workout time and I don't trust some random gym goer with effective spotting. When i travel to a gym with a power rack or a trap bar I make it a point to use them.

I wish the definition of weight room included at least one power rack.

sorry guys i fucked up let me try again:

i love squats, because my internet friends say squats are the best lift ever so i can build big butt muscles and talk about my 225x5 squat with my internet friends. i hate bench pressing bench pressing is dumb and only builds dumb beach muscles and it's not functional!!!! i bench 185 but its okay because bench doesnt count anyway LOL

That about says it for me.

Squats. I've trained so long in 5x5's, Starting Strength, and varying variations of the two that if I don't do squats in a lift sessions I feel like something is missing.

(Trap Bar) Deadlift

My main gym has limited equipment and Deadlifts are the only exercise I can do safely and regularly -even then I have to make room to deadlift. True I could use a spotter for bench, but I don't have a regular workout time and I don't trust some random gym goer with effective spotting. When i travel to a gym with a power rack or a trap bar I make it a point to use them.

I wish the definition of weight room included at least one power rack.

Why use a trap bar?? why not just use a normal bar and deadlift....

"A 600lb Deadlift is the best example of functional strength I can think of. Apart from a 700lb Deadlift."
- Rippetoe.:cool:

I was always best at squats. They came easiest for me. The bench press and deadlift came hard. But when i was doing powerlifting, nothing gave me more satisfaction than when I finally pulled 700lbs. And when I did 700 for 5 reps while doing Olympic lifting it was one of the most satisfying things i have ever done. Thats not really strong, not when guys are doing 900+, but it was satisfying to me. The deadlift is just so primal, just picking something up. I was best at the squat, but if i could have picked, i would have rather been best at the deadlift...

Its definitely deadlift. Its the only lift that has given me the urge to just yell out after I lifted it. Now of course I don't do that because I don't want to be that loud guy at the gym, but I have felt the urge.

Deadlift by miles.
-can't cheat it
-most weight moved

Squat second
-most mentally difficult to me
-useful as hell

mybench sucks dick.
-fat dick.

Squat because when I don't I feel like a wimp.

I like bench press too.

deadlift. nothing makes you feel more manly.

It's a tie between the squat and the deadlift. Squatting always makes me feel good, but a heavy deadlift makes me feel almost like a man.

I prefer the squat and the deadlift equally. They are on a whole different level than the bench. They require and build whole-body strength, balance, and coordination to a lesser degree. You can go to almost any gym in america, probably the world(save powerlifting gyms), and you will see 3 times the number of benchers as squatters and deadlifters combined. At some point, the bench press became the end-all of lifts to average gym-goers. I think most of this has to do with its lack of difficulty and reduced risk of injury comprared to the others. The bench press is kind of an idiot-proof lift; not that one cant become seriously injured doing it, but shoulder soreness is small potatoes to a slipped disc or blown-out knee. It also usually the guys who try to impress by using weights that too heavy on the bench that avoid DL's and squats. If they would try those methods on DL's and squats they wouldnt make it a month. Final thought: lose the ego, learn good technique, and do the lifts that build the most functional strength.

Back