Which lift is your favorite?

All time favorite lift is the Standing overhead press (First lift that got me training from a typical bodybuilding program to a more strength related program) followed by a tie between squat and deadlift.

Of the big three, it has to be the deadlift.

I usually do SOHP instead of bench press because lifting heavy stuff over your head is just pretty damn awesome. I also enjoy chin-ups.

I hate squats (I still do them of course).

sorry guys i fucked up let me try again:

i love squats, because my internet friends say squats are the best lift ever so i can build big butt muscles and talk about my 225x5 squat with my internet friends. i hate bench pressing bench pressing is dumb and only builds dumb beach muscles and it's not functional!!!! i bench 185 but its okay because bench doesnt count anyway LOL

My bench is about 88% of what my squat is and I still prefer squats, but if Meeow makes a "what is your favorite lift:squat, dead, bench, or sohp", I would go with sohp.

sorry guys i fucked up let me try again:

i love squats, because my internet friends say squats are the best lift ever so i can build big butt muscles and talk about my 225x5 squat with my internet friends. i hate bench pressing bench pressing is dumb and only builds dumb beach muscles and it's not functional!!!! i bench 185 but its okay because bench doesnt count anyway LOL

If this is your attempt to make fun of the average "sherdog" poster, it's pretty lame.

You started out squatting, 105x5 at 174. Making fun of someone who you deem to be weak just because you can lift more than them now is sad.

If this is your attempt to make fun of the average "sherdog" poster, it's pretty lame.

You started out squatting, 105x5 at 174. Making fun of someone who you deem to be weak just because you can lift more than them now is sad.

lets just drop it, i just dont feel like arguing with people on the internet

Yes, but what's the point of getting stronger if you can't then go and make fun of people that are weaker than you?

i have lost raw squats plenty of times because i went too deep and ended up ass to ankles instead of just below parallel. and good luck trying to find a spotter who can call depth at a commercial gym

In all honesty is this bad? My butt touches the back of my achilles tendon 90% of the time when I squat.

Now I'm worried.

I say that all three of them are the balls.I cant pick a favorite.

Tie between deadz, squatz and bench. In the thread turbozed proposed it would be a tie between those three and SOHP. Big lifts are da bomb.

PCP, do you have any vids of your squats? I'm interested in what you are talking about.

i have lost raw squats plenty of times because i was too weak to get out of the hole. and good luck trying to find a spotter who can call depth at a commercial gym

Fixed. Sack up and don't blame depth; blame weakness.

Back on topic; deadlift.

Fixed. Sack up and don't blame depth; blame weaknI ess.

Back on topic; deadlift.

It must be really hard to "sack up" when you are squatting 185 at 175lbs bodyweight.

And I do squats so what is the problem? Just because I fucking hate them doesn't mean I don't do them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say my favorite is the deadlift, because it builds the back and tarps. That isn't to day if I had to do one I'd only dead, it just means out of all the shit I do, deads are my favorite.

The squat is both my favourite and the one I loathe the most.

Deadlift, because it's the lift where I can handle the most weight, which always feel good.

As always it seems deadlifts are the overwhelming winner. I will help its landslide victory by saying deadlift as well. Although if it had to be the big 3 + SOHP, then it's a tie between deadlift and SOHP for me.

Back