Which LHW has the best chance of finishing Jon?

I am on the precipice of going all in on Dom. He showed off the goods, and I firmly believe he'll be better served by winning definitively as opposed to catching the strap under dubious circumstances
I'm on the fence is Dom the future or did Bones just get caught lacking and now is about to bring hell to the boy.

I'm on the fence is Dom the future or did Bones just get caught lacking and now is about to bring hell to the boy.
Its a bit of both. There's bound to be some overlap when the present meets the future

Its a bit of both. There's bound to be some overlap when the present meets the future
I dont get into the drama but I think Frank Lester who trained with Jones and has beef with him sold Jones out. He was making those type of threats

Jones has an epic chin and I have been saying that for many years on here, he has been hit flush by many guys and never ever been rocked or dropped, too finish him I don't believe it will be a barrage of strikes, I think it will just have to be a 1 punch knock him out cold, some huge punch out of nowhere.

In terms of submissions I can't see it, there is not many good submission guys in LHW and Jones is very good on the ground anyways.

Jones has an epic chin and I have been saying that for many years on here, he has been hit flush by many guys and never ever been rocked or dropped, too finish him I don't believe it will be a barrage of strikes, I think it will just have to be a 1 punch knock him out cold, some huge punch out of nowhere.

In terms of submissions I can't see it, there is not many good submission guys in LHW and Jones is very good on the ground anyways.
Ppl overlook the part that spirit can factor into having a granite chain. Mostly its genetic but a big chunk of it is simply deciding to walk through the fire, tmrw be damned.

Jon is the epitome of relentless

Reyes just exposed that whoever beats Jon will have cardio and continuous offense

Ppl overlook the part that spirit can factor into having a granite chain. Mostly its genetic but a big chunk of it is simply deciding to walk through the fire, tmrw be damned.

Jon is the epitome of relentless
Yeah true spirit plays a part in it for sure!!.

I used to know this guy from Tonga who was obese, like 350 ibs + , and he used to sometimes go to the boxing gym that I went too many years ago, and everyone used to call him "God's chin" because this guy couldn't be knocked out, his chin was beyond EPIC... he was not a pro fighter, he was very fat.. but he used to sometimes spar with the heavy guys and help them and my God his chin was incredible.. it was hilarious to watch, you would just break your hands on his face lol. Those guys from Tonga have elephant bones, they are incredibly hard to knock out.

Yeah true spirit plays a part in it for sure!!.

I used to know this guy from Tonga who was obese, like 350 ibs + , and he used to sometimes go to the boxing gym that I went too many years ago, and everyone used to call him "God's chin" because this guy couldn't be knocked out, his chin was beyond EPIC... he was not a pro fighter, he was very fat.. but he used to sometimes spar with the heavy guys and help them and my God his chin was incredible.. it was hilarious to watch, you would just break your hands on his face lol. Those guys from Tonga have elephant bones, they are incredibly hard to knock out.
2 of my best friends growing up were half white, half tongan/samoan. Nicest guys ever. But they could beat everyone the fuck up lol. Sparring the one who wrestled all high school long made me a gamer regarding grappling/kickboxing.
Heads like cinderblocks, hearts like planets

2 of my best friends growing up were half white, half tongan/samoan. Nicest guys ever. But they could beat everyone the fuck up lol. Sparring the one who wrestled all high school long made me a gamer regarding grappling/kickboxing.
Heads like cinderblocks, hearts like planets
Hahaha so true, 100% true. :D :D . Any guys from Tonga or Samoa or Fiji are tough as fuck!!!! and huge. I always wondered why everyone says UFC don't have a Super Heavyweight division because there is no talent and no one good.. but I swear if you focused on Tonga and Samoa and Fiji I am so certain you would get tons of great fighters... try telling them SHW can't fight, they would lay you out like a fool lol.

I don't know, maybe Walker with something flashy and wild.

I still think based on Walkers size and long reach (that makes Jon's reach a non factor) he has the best chance of finishing Jon. Clearly nobody can win a decision over him even though Reyes alrwady did.

Hahaha so true, 100% true. :D :D . Any guys from Tonga or Samoa or Fiji are tough as fuck!!!! and huge. I always wondered why everyone says UFC don't have a Super Heavyweight division because there is no talent and no one good.. but I swear if you focused on Tonga and Samoa and Fiji I am so certain you would get tons of great fighters... try telling them SHW can't fight, they would lay you out like a fool lol.
David Tua, Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt hell even Soa Paleilei...

Like trying to hurt a rhino with mere human hands

zero. Reyes has the best chance in beating Jones...but in the rematch jones is unstoppable! @NorrisB

We all know now that it's gonna be near impossible to be given a decision win over Jon, unless it's a dominant performance where you win all 5 rounds (pretty much impossible to do against Jon). To dethrone him, you're gonna have to finish him, something that nobody's ever really been close to doing. Who has the best chance of stopping Jon and taking his LHW crown?

Dominick Reyes
Thiago Santos
Corey Anderson
Jan Blachowicz
Volkan Oezdemir
Aleksander Rakic
Johnny Walker

It's a pretty uninspiring list. Reyes and Santos obviously fought him to close decisions, but I feel like Jon took their best shots and wasn't phased by them at all. Jon has historically looked dominant in his rematches as well, so it's difficult to imagine them getting the finish next time, particularly Santos who is 36 years old and coming off major knee surgery.

Corey Anderson has looked real good lately, but he's not really a finisher, save for his last fight against Walker and Jon won't make the same mistakes that Johnny Walker did. Jan Blach has KO power but he's a journeyman and he's in tough against Anderson who beat him pretty handily last time.

Rakic and Walker are both really good prospects who theoretically have the length and power to get it done. But as we saw in both of their last fights, they're still a long way from being legitimate threats.

Will anyone in this crop be able to get it done? I'm leaning towards no.... at least not until Jon is a few years older and deeper into his physical decline.
Current roster? None of them. Some could beat him, but none are "finishing" him. Jones is insanely durable.

Not saying he has the best chance at beating Jon, but highest chance of KO'ing him (puncher's chance) is still Walker. Dude can generate power from out of nowhere and has a few different weapons at his disposal. A glass cannon maybe, but he still has time to work things out, hopefully he can stay training at Tristar.

Volkan got no time to lose by decision. He would either KO Jones or loses badly. Same with Walker.

Rumble who fought Davis would have had a chance to win

Back