Which KO Fight Gear Thai pad

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Andy Nguyen, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Andy Nguyen

Andy Nguyen White Belt

Hi all,

I saw on this forum that quite a few users have experience with the KO fight gear thai pads. Out of the three models, which would you suggest for someone is beginner-intermediate looking to get some extra practice at home? it's only about 3 dollar difference between the models.

Here's also a separate question. How do these stack up against the Fairfax standard curved with regards to durability?

Thank you!

2. moonwolf

moonwolf Dalton's Roadhouse Beef Rib Eating Champion

fantastic quality, had mine over 10 years, no issues whatsoever. they are hard so you will have to wear them in. you should probably wear shinguards since you are a beginner, unless you want to walk around with bloody shins/open sores. I've found fairtex to be more padded. don't get the elbow length ones because they will hurt you/your training partner after a while.

3. Andy Nguyen

Andy Nguyen White Belt

Which size did you have?

4. moonwolf

moonwolf Dalton's Roadhouse Beef Rib Eating Champion

standard and x-long. x-long is the one i told you not to get.

5. irollnaked

irollnaked Purple Belt

+1 I'd also recommend them.

6. mikiemike87

mikiemike87 Blue Belt

I would not recommend the extra thick ones for anyone whose not a heavyweight. I'm 6'0, 160 lbs and tended to get paired up with larger dudes my height, so I got them for holding against those kind of partners. I found them too cumbersome and heavy to flow properly, and they took up tons of space in my gear bag. I think the standard ones will serve you just fine 80% of the time.