Which judge scored the fight 30-27 Fili?

I honestly don't remember Fili landing a single clean strike. Not saying Johnson looked good but I can't comprehend giving Fili the 1st or 3rd. They seemed like really close rounds but Andre simply didn't hit him. Unless you're counting all those blocked high kicks.
the argument in the third would revolve around the takedown

he took MJ down, stopped MJ's takedown attempts and the striking was very close. slight edge to mj striking, but it depends on how you value a slight striking edge versus a takedown

like i said earlier, i had money on MJ and thought fili won 29-28

1 was MJ's round easily. Other than useless movement and headkicks hitting arm, he did nothing. MJ was landing clean whenever he threw.
I think this is the thing. If you count blocked headkicks as punishing techniques even when blocked, I can see giving Fili one or even two rounds. But if you don't count them because they were blocked, then Johnson got the better of most of the striking exchanges.

I thought MJ got the second round also. He was in big trouble for a long time and almost got submitted. But nothing really happened, he did NOT get submitted and then he ended up in guard and threw like the only punches thrown in the hole round. So ya second round depends on how you score a good sub attempt i think, but personally i felt MJ got the second round and definitely the third. I felt like the first round was close.

I gave Johnson round 1 and 3 but round 2 for Fili was the most dominant round of the fight. 30-27 for Fili isn't an outrageous scorecard- all the rounds were close and I think the judge could've been swayed by the headkicks even though Johnson blocked them all.

2 and 3 for Fili.

But, leave it to Sal D'amato to screw up another decision. He's beyond useless/

1,3 for Johnson, Fili had the best moment of the fight though.

He got what he and his corner deserved . When the fight is closw try to finish not to pointfight
He was throwing headkicks. Mj didn’t exactly go for the kill with his jabbing straight. Honestly thought fili did enough, but Johnson looks like damaged goods.

Judges are always kind to TAM when it comes to the scorecards, hence all the robberies in their favor lately. The judges got it right this time.

Back