Which is tougher, Tony before Justin or Justin 2.0?

I still think Ferguson is Nurmagomedov’s toughest fight at 155, stylistically...

I don’t think either Ferguson or Gaethje would be able to stop Nurmagomedov from taking them down, but Ferguson would be harder to deal with on the ground.

Justin 2.0 is a bit of a myth tbh, Tony before Justin looked horrendous vs the ghost of pettis and Oldboy, you’re deluded if you thought at 36 he was beating Khabib. 2016/17Ferguson? Now that’s a fight, Justin is tougher due to gus ko power and in theory wrestling

Watch Tony vs Castillo . Tony was on his back for 13 minutes of a 15 minute fight and Castillo sure ain’t Khabib.

True, Khabib would likely have won against younger Tony.

In terms of interesting fights for Khabib, I always thought Tony would be a fun fight along with Conor (at the time), it’s about bringing a look into the octagon that Khabib hasn’t really seen before, I’m not saying these differences would beat him, but certainly Conor, Tony, RDA, Johnson had some aspect of their game that brought something.

Even though Johnson was slaughtered, his speed was something that might of given him a slim chance etc...

I still think Ferguson is Nurmagomedov’s toughest fight at 155, stylistically...

I don’t think either Ferguson or Gaethje would be able to stop Nurmagomedov from taking them down, but Ferguson would be harder to deal with on the ground.

I can’t prove this, but my gut says Justin’s body type might actually help him, he just comes off as durable, compact, like a tank. But then again, he’s been beaten so...

True, Khabib would likely have won against younger Tony.

In terms of interesting fights for Khabib, I always thought Tony would be a fun fight along with Conor (at the time), it’s about bringing a look into the octagon that Khabib hasn’t really seen before, I’m not saying these differences would beat him, but certainly Conor, Tony, RDA, Johnson had some aspect of their game that brought something.

Even though Johnson was slaughtered, his speed was something that might of given him a slim chance etc...
I agree. I have always thought Khabib’s easiest fight would be Tony because he stands in the pocket and doesn’t have one punch power and Khabib’s hardest fight is Gaejhe because he has TD defense and one punch power. Khabib would take Tony down easy but with Gaejhe...I just don’t know.

Score is 2-2-1 on pull outs and by far the stupidest reason we have seen for a pull out isn't injury from training or getting stuck in Russia like Khabib did but rather refusing to take off sunglasses indoor and tripping over a couple cable wire and tearing one's ACL.
Tony already proved that he didn't wear sunglasses indoor that led to him tripping. And tearing your ACL because you tripped over some wires is a freak accident. The damnest reason between either of them is Khabib having to go to the hospital because of his botched weight cut.

I can’t prove this, but my gut says Justin’s body type might actually help him, he just comes off as durable, compact, like a tank. But then again, he’s been beaten so...

I think Ferguson’s body type would help him on the ground...

His long limbs and tall frame make him tougher to control, and he has shown that he is dangerous off of his back and doesn’t mind fighting there...

Which is good because it’s almost a guarantee that he will spend almost the entirety of the fight on the ground.

Versus Khabib...

I think Tony pre-Justin was an interesting fight because he has relentless elbows and maybe could have brought it to Khabib, now I believe Tony has taken too much damage in addition to age, to really be the fight we wanted.

In less than 24 hours, Khabib will face Justin. Three big question marks, Justin’s MMA wrestling depth, Khabib post father loss, and Khabib with a tough weight cut, not to mention the pressure, since everyone expects him to be slightly off to a degree, I believe even his own team must feel some anxiety after Khabib’s dad passed away, even if they won’t openly admit it. It’s like the perfect storm to test Khabib’s fortitude.

That said, which fight do you think would be tougher for Khabib, BEFORE the action starts tomorrow... Pre-Justin Tony or Justin “2.0” ?
This is tougher.

I think Ferguson’s body type would help him on the ground...

His long limbs and tall frame make him tougher to control, and he has shown that he is dangerous off of his back and doesn’t mind fighting there...

Which is good because it’s almost a guarantee that he will spend almost the entirety of the fight on the ground.

Generally true, but for some reason, I just picture Khabib sucking the life out of Tony on the ground, same for Justin. It’s just that I think Justin stands a better shot at defending the takedowns, which doesn’t mean he won’t be taken down....

I hope this thread is implying that tony won’t be the same after that brutal beat down, rather than that tony wasn’t the same during the Justin fight.

Back