Which is tougher, Tony before Justin or Justin 2.0?

Coconutwater

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Versus Khabib...

I think Tony pre-Justin was an interesting fight because he has relentless elbows and maybe could have brought it to Khabib, now I believe Tony has taken too much damage in addition to age, to really be the fight we wanted.

In less than 24 hours, Khabib will face Justin. Three big question marks, Justin’s MMA wrestling depth, Khabib post father loss, and Khabib with a tough weight cut, not to mention the pressure, since everyone expects him to be slightly off to a degree, I believe even his own team must feel some anxiety after Khabib’s dad passed away, even if they won’t openly admit it. It’s like the perfect storm to test Khabib’s fortitude.

That said, which fight do you think would be tougher for Khabib, BEFORE the action starts tomorrow... Pre-Justin Tony or Justin “2.0” ?

Honestly Tony before Justin thought he was unstoppable.

Now he might actually take his opponent seriously.

Tony doing 2 weight cuts in 1 month showed how much respect he had for his opponent.

2017 Tony is the toughest opponent for Beef.
He did a nice job ducking Tony for years. Finally someone else eliminated Tony, he is now relieved.

Justin is as tough as they come ....

Honestly Tony before Justin thought he was unstoppable.

Now he might actually take his opponent seriously.

Tony doing 2 weight cuts in 1 month showed how much respect he had for his opponent.

I don’t even think it was respect. Tony is just.. Tony, that’s some El Cucuy behavior, 2 weight cuts...

There is a chance Tony comes back more focused and more determined since he is a weird guy who seems possessed by self determination, I hope this is the case. That said, because of all the crap surrounding Khabib this time, his dad, weight-cut, training in Dubai or whatever, I think tomorrow is his biggest overall challenge thus far.

At least against Pre-Justin Tony, Khabib would have had the steel mindset he had knowing his dad was around, plus the familiarity of training in San Jose... those little things that wouldn’t have plagued him against the well rounded Gaethje.

Khabib beats any version of Tony because Tony can’t defend the TD. Justin on the other hand...I just don’t know.

He did a nice job ducking Tony for years. Finally someone else eliminated Tony, he is now relieved.
Score is 2-2-1 on pull outs and by far the stupidest reason we have seen for a pull out isn't injury from training or getting stuck in Russia like Khabib did but rather refusing to take off sunglasses indoor and tripping over a couple cable wire and tearing one's ACL.

I don’t even think it was respect. Tony is just.. Tony, that’s some El Cucuy behavior, 2 weight cuts...

There is a chance Tony comes back more focused and more determined since he is a weird guy who seems possessed by self determination, I hope this is the case. That said, because of all the crap surrounding Khabib this time, his dad, weight-cut, training in Dubai or whatever, I think tomorrow is his biggest overall challenge thus far.

At least against Pre-Justin Tony, Khabib would have had the steel mindset he had knowing his dad was around, plus the familiarity of training in San Jose... those little things that wouldn’t have plagued him against the well rounded Gaethje.
Buster Douglas lost his mom a couple weeks before fighting Mike Tyson.

Khabib beats any version of Tony because Tony can’t defend the TD. Justin on the other hand...I just don’t know.

I don’t know this for certain as younger Tony had a weird ground game and threw elbows on the ground without hesitation, plus he’s simply tough, with great cardio. I dunno bruh....

The edge is always with Khabib though, he’s simply a better grappler.

I don’t think he ducked Tony, but yes, 2017 Tony would have been the fight.

tony was never a difficult stylistic match-up for khabib

if your gameplan is "cut the guy with an elbow and try to catch him with stoner BJJ from bottom" against khabib, then you've already lost

Buster Douglas lost his mom a couple weeks before fighting Mike Tyson.
Mike was literally a mess that fight though, his team didn’t even bother to bring an enswell, they just filled a condom with ice water to deal with swelling.

Mike did have trouble with big dudes who knew how to throw their weight around...

justin 2.0 is like a man among boys ... khabib might be in for long or short night

I don’t know this for certain as younger Tony had a weird ground game and threw elbows on the ground without hesitation, plus he’s simply tough, with great cardio. I dunno bruh....

The edge is always with Khabib though, he’s simply a better grappler.

I don’t think he ducked Tony, but yes, 2017 Tony would have been the fight.
Watch Tony vs Castillo . Tony was on his back for 13 minutes of a 15 minute fight and Castillo sure ain’t Khabib.

To me, Gaethje and Tony are the craziest dudes in all of UFC, they willingly put their health on the line for our pleasure, and that's why they are my two favorite fighters

mike tyson was doing coke and partying with hookers and is one of the most overrated fighters of all time
And would still KO people before the audience had a chance to finish their first beer.

Back