Which is the more impressive win after moving up a weightclass?

DC not so much, he was a HW to begin with and its his natural weight class.
Being a -260 UD at fight time says otherwise.

I expected DC to win but it seems that 80%+ of Sherdog was in disbelief.

GSP's was more impressive in my opinion.

Bj Penn that moved up to fight the no 1 p4p fighter a weightclass up is the most impressive.

GSP's because Anderson has been juiced to the gills his entire career.

Neither.

5.gif
This. Came in to post this. This is one of the greatest wins in MMA History.

This. Came in to post this. This is one of the greatest wins in MMA History.

Agreed.

I'll never forget where I was for this fight.

One of those MMA memories that will never fade with time.

Agreed.

I'll never forget where I was for this fight.

One of those MMA memories that will never fade with time.
And like 3 months before that, BJ finished Gomi in a great performance as well. BJ was amazing back then.

Have to admit Conor moving up and completely clowning the LW champ was the most impressive at the time. I did not think Eddie was the best LW but he somehow held the belt. DC smoking Stipe comes close second.

Considering GSP beat the champion who wasn’t coming off a loss who actually had a win over Anderson, GSP’s was more impressive. Not to mention not fighting in 4 years.

Suck it NJMMA/Toner

Have to admit Conor moving up and completely clowning the LW champ was the most impressive at the time. I did not think Eddie was the best LW but he somehow held the belt. DC smoking Stipe comes close second.

Moving up doesn't count when you're the same size.

Anderson Silva’s win when he matrix KO’d Forrest Griffin in round 1.
Or
GSP’s win when RNC’d Bisping in a competitive 3 round fight

Both are impressive wins at higher weightclasses. Which do you find more impressive?

between gsp and silva, i'm way more impressed by gsp-

1. gsp never fought up a weight class before. silva fought at 205 once before facing griffin.
2. gsp was inactive for 4 years prior to fighting bisping. silva was an active fighter.
3. gsp fought for the title when he moved up. silva fought griffin, who was coming off a ko loss to rashad.
4. gsp developed ulcerative colitis in an attempt to pack on the additional pounds to fight at 185. ie- it was not a good fit for his body. silva looked natural at 205.

Last edited:
Anderson easily

Prime Forrest > One eyed near retirement Bisping

Also, Silva’s performance was the most dominant performance in MMA history. Bisping was taking over and GSP was gassing before the left hook.

Anderson easily

Prime Forrest > One eyed near retirement Bisping

Also, Silva’s performance was the most dominant performance in MMA history. Bisping was taking over and GSP was gassing before the left hook.

Wrong on every single points as usual, Toner aka Dozer.

Penn/Hughes, Silva/Forrest

That's all you need.

Anderson Silva’s win when he matrix KO’d Forrest Griffin in round 1.

Forrest’s last three fights before this
1. KO loss to Rashad losing the belt in competitive fight
2. UD close win over Rampage to win belt
3. RNC win over Shogun after he just came from a legendary PRIDE run.

Or

GSP’s win when RNC’d Bisping in a competitive 3 round fight

Bispings last three fights before this
1. 48-47 UD over 46 year old Hendo to defend belt
2. Huge upset 1st round KO to win belt from Rockhold (finished by rockhold first time, +500 underdog this fight I believe)
3. 48-47 UD over 40 year old washed up Anderson Silva in London (both fighters scored one knockdown)

Both are impressive wins at higher weightclasses. Which do you find more impressive?
Forrest win isn’t impressive at all because we later found out he was xanaxed out of his gourd and should have never been in the ring.

At least bisping was of right mind

Back