Which is better for morning shake / smoothie?

Ghosted-Barra

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Muscle Milk or 100% Whey? I know to go for Whey after the workout, but I just want to know which would be better to start the day out with. Thanks in advance.

If I had to choose one, probably whey. In an ideal world you would have both. Same with post workout, whey/casein would be ideal, but I just use whey and have a meal right after. Good luck.

depends on the school of thought- post workout when vessels are pumping some think an isolate whey is better because it absorbs more effiecently.
Then before bed or in morning a mix of Whey concentrate and casien

Right now im using muscle milk in the morning. I find it be more effective for me. Muscle milk is 60% casein 40% whey which is a pretty good combo before sleep and in the morning. It fills you up for a few hours.

*sigh* whey is ok first thing in the morning, You just ended a fast. However, only using whey can be a waste as well since MM has casein and other proteins not just whey. However it has enough whey to help kickstart things but not to much. This has been discussed on here numerous times.

You sigh alot Vedic.

I blend my own mix every morning:

- 16 ounces of milk
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of fruit
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 scoops of EAS 100% Whey
- 5 grams of creatine

This has been working for me for quite a while.

Yeh i usually stick whey in my smoothie in the morning.

+ caesin is soooo dam thick, you have drink the dam stuff as soon as it blended up.

I blend my own mix every morning:

- 16 ounces of milk
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of fruit
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 scoops of EAS 100% Whey
- 5 grams of creatine

This has been working for me for quite a while.

Tis good stuff. Spinach in the morning though, whew. You're a stronger man than I am.

My blended breakfast consists of:

-Around 8 ounces of milk
-cup of yogurt
-1 or 2 bananas, depending
-cup of blueberries
-2 scoops of MM

....and of course a multi and some fish oil caps.

Tis good stuff. Spinach in the morning though, whew. You're a stronger man than I am.

Most people think this is weird but believe it or not you don't even taste it over the fruit, peanut butter and chocolate from the protein mix. If taste is the only thing holding you back from doing it, then don't be afraid.

whey in the monring casein at night

mm has those high levels of fat so i guess if u would wanna take it during any time of the day u would want it in the morning

is it against the rules to ask about steroid use??

Back