Which is a weaker card...UFC 255 or 256

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
255 lost its biggest draws in CoGar, Aldo & Lawler

256 lost its biggest draws in Usman/Burns + Nunes/Anderson getting scrapped

But as the fight night cards around these events are also quite weak, there is not many fights they could have gained to improve the card strength

Bladyes vs Lewis is somewhat weak outside the main event although the comain with Mociano vs Fiziev will be a banger and we might see the last fight of Anthony Smith if he takes lot of damage

RDA vs Felder is really weak outside the main event with 2 fightpass prelim fighters as the CoMain

Hermannson vs Holland lost its biggest draw in Till and is really weak overall

Im actually more excited for Edward vs Khamzat with Wonderboy vs Geoff Neal as co main, than any of these (2) PPVs

the main event alone for 256 makes it better.

Yan vs Aljo is a crazy fight which is not getting the hype it deserves in my opinion.

plus
cub vs pineda
roberson vs dalcha
dos santos vs gane
torres vs hill
vettori vs jacare

plus mackenzie dern, chase hooper and li jingliang the card is super fun

256 is better. I agree with TS Edwards Vs Chimaev is the best remaining card, it’s probably the most excited I’ve ever been for a fight night.

The loss of Anderson vs Nunes is a gain

The one plus to that fight might've been Nunes putting Anderson's lights out and finally putting the last nail into the coffin of WFW

Last edited:
The real question is; are the prelims on these cards as bad as saturdays? 3 wmma fights

The one plus to that fight might've been Nunes putting Anderson's lights out and finally putting the last nail inyo the coffin of WFW
If that happens they will have to get rid of W125 and W135 as well, cause it virtually identical.

256 is still very good card. 255 is crap. All it has is 2 title fights, one of which is in the Bullet division, in which Shevchenko will put a clinic on yet another fighter that is way below her level. The other one is in the featherweight division, which Dana half killed, releasing/trading several good fighters, then decided to keep. Whatever pull FW had - and it was a fucking small pull - now it's even worse.

The first 3 fights of 255 are prelim level for a PPV event or worthy of a bad fight night card.

Yan vs Aljo is a crazy fight which is not getting the hype it deserves in my opinion.

plus
cub vs pineda
roberson vs dalcha
dos santos vs gane
torres vs hill
vettori vs jacare

I'm really glad Aljo is finally getting his shot. He's been deserving for like 2 years now. I think Yan beats him, but he's more than earned his shot

plus
cub vs pineda
roberson vs dalcha
dos santos vs gane
torres vs hill
vettori vs jacare

Thank u for saying everything i needed.....except, that I friggin love this card!! That whole main card rocks plus a bunch of prelims. Li vs Grant is a sleeper but a damn good fight. Dude Lungiambula vs Roberson is awesome too and thats on the bottom of the card. Too many people need these big names in order for a card to be "great" but if u actually watch fights often, then u shouldn't have to get up much. Plus i like 255 also. Royval vs Moreno is another sleeper but a badass fight. Also I love watching Valentina. She is so technically perfect. it's so awesome to see how fast she counters and capitalizes on every mistake, kinda crazy to watch. Perry vs Means...WTF am i missing.......

.alright i'm done. digress i shall

It would be great if you wrote down both cards for us lazy fucks so that you know.. we can compare. You lazy fuck.

Thank u for saying everything i needed.....except, that I friggin love this card!! That whole main card rocks plus a bunch of prelims. Li vs Grant is a sleeper but a damn good fight. Dude Lungiambula vs Roberson is awesome too and thats on the bottom of the card. Too many people need these big names in order for a card to be "great" but if u actually watch fights often, then u shouldn't have to get up much. Plus i like 255 also. Royval vs Moreno is another sleeper but a badass fight. Also I love watching Valentina. She is so technically perfect. it's so awesome to see how fast she counters and capitalizes on every mistake, kinda crazy to watch. Perry vs Means...WTF am i missing.......

.alright i'm done. digress i shall

respect sherbro

<RomeroSalute>

Figueiredo vs Perez
Shevchenko vs Maia
Perry vs Means
Chookagian vs Calvillo
Shogun vs Craig II
Moreno vs Royval
Buckley vs Wright

Yan vs Sterling
Vera vs Aldo
JDS vs Gane
Jacare vs Vettori
Dern vs Jandiroba
Hill vs Torres II

Both cards are seriously lacking star power, but relatively deep in terms of interesting fights compared to some other top-heavy cards this year. Although given the spike in COVID cases worldwide it seems unlikely either card stays together. 255 has the advantage of being closer and presumably less chance of being shaken up, while 256 has more time to add fights and/or find replacements if necessary.

As a hardcore fan who cares less about ‘star power’ I’d give a slight edge to 255 at the moment given it features two title fights and two potential top contender bouts — versus one title fight and no clear top contender bouts on 256 so far.

Back