Which Heavyweights could Brock beat?

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
People are royally upset that Brock Lesnar is being gifted a title fight due to $$$ after a drug bust after a layoff that was two losses before it. I think it's bullshit too, but out of interest, how far would Brock actually be down in the rankings? I think he's actually closer to contending status moreso due to the sad state of the heavyweight division

15- Justin Willis- Don't know this guy's skills. Someone else please chime in. Pretty sure it'd be a win though
14- Shamil Abdurakhimov- Don't know this guy's skills. Someone else please chime in. Pretty sure it'd be a win though
13- Stefan Struve- I think we all agree Brock takes this with ease, taking the giraffe down and making his life rather not fun- Win
12- Andrei Arlovski- I doubt Arlovski has the ability to defend a Brock takedown anymore. Russia card will show just how far the former champ's skills have slid- Win
11- Aleksei Oleinik- This one is actually interesting to me with his submission grappling skills- toss up
10- Tai Tuivasa- Mark Hunt copy/paste- Win
9- Marcin Tybura- I think Brock out physicals him- Win
8- Mark Hunt- The only recent fight we have to compare, and roids aside, it did not go well for Hunt- Win
7- JDS- JDS hits like a truck, and I believe will be able to use his jab to keep Brock on the outside. Still, Cain wrestlefucked him hardcore, but Cain's dirty boxing grinding style is different than Brock's inhuman power double- Loss
6- Overeem- Reem won last time, has since utterly lost his chin. rematch would be interesting and more depends which version of Reem shows up- toss up
5- Volkov- An interesting one with the 6'7" (that can actually use his reach advantage) vs Brock, but I don't think Volkov can avoid the bull rush takedown- win
4- Ngannu- We all saw in the Stipe fight he can't stop a takedown to save his life- Win
3- Blaydes- Has a wrestling background that may give him enough time to use his striking- toss up
2- Derrick lewis- Power puncher with poor takedown defense.... we've seen this before. Win
1- Stipe Miocic- I believe Miocic's boxing can keep Brock away from a high percententage shot, and his tdd is enough to stuff the long range attempts- loss
C- DC- Brock will not be able to takedown the fire hydrant, and DC's inside boxing is absolutely vicious- Round 1 or 2 KO- Loss

We all talk about Brock not deserving the shot, and he doesn't, but really aside from the champ I only see two I'm confident he would lose, and a couple of toss ups. The remaining 10 in the top 15 would all be surefire wins for Brock so the #3-5 ranked fighter getting a title shot (if we're just going off skill and matchups, rather than earning to that spot) isn't the most out of line.

Of course, $$$$$$$$ trumps all as we all already know

Last edited:
didnt-read.gif

latest
didnt-read-lol-gif-3.gif

Brok Lazer has teeth that look like dog treats
Brock-Lesnar-4-388x220.png

Guys like Blaydes destroy Brock with ease. Simular size but younger and the wrestling cancels. Blaydes striking and chin are way better too.
Also when did Overeem have a good chin ever?

Ngannou beat Blaydes too you can just easily outwrestle him, but Stipe was smart about it and used great boxing to set a lot of it up.

So many things missed in this to favour Brock

The only ones that I would consider the favorites against him are: DC, Stipe, Cain, Blaydes. All the rest are underdogs to our former champ Brock.

bork1}

Your list looks about right I think only Blaydes, Miocic, and DC beat him, maybe Blankov as well.

Idk about Volkov, ya he’s got reach but he’s not very top heavy Brock could take him down with ease in 3 round fight. In a five round I could see Volkov catching Brock.

Outside of the UFC I could see Minakov, and Meathhead beating Brock at this point

Last edited:
Aside from all the babbling, I am looking forward to the DC fight. I think DC will punch him out, but on the ground it will be all Brock. Two aging champions who earned and deserve respect.

Loses to DC, Stipe, Blaydes.

Toss ups against Black Beast, Ngannou, and Oleynik based on their ability to finish a fight and raw strength.

Jds will always be a nightmare for brock because of his insane takedown defense.

volkov could definitely beat him..i'd also be on struve

Back