Which Heavy wgt Grappler beats Josh Barnett in Metamoris?

The real question is: josh, y u no adcc.

man its hard to imagine someone tapping barnett in a sub only match.

it's no small task, but if any of the bigger top guys put him on his back, i'm pretty sure they could do it. i think buchecha, werdum, faria, rodolfo, roger would all finish him if they got top position.

but he's a big chap so putting him there would be quite a challenge. buchecha would definitely get it done though.

Mark Kerr and Ricardo Almedia made him tap in ADCC.. but that was when he was still relatively young and less experienced... and Kerr was just a monster back than.

Mark Kerr and Ricardo Almedia made him tap in ADCC.. but that was when he was still relatively young and less experienced... and Kerr was just a monster back than.

Prime Kerr was a monsta grappler back in the day. NCAA champ(beat Randy) UFC champ, and ADCC champ. Kerr tapped josh with basic side control keylock if mem serves. like you said that was a long time ago and josh has improved to the point where he's tapping guys like lister. Josh is not a "nice" grappler he lays all that weight on you, grinds you, and with his boobs, and sweat dripping all over you plus you know its a lot of muscle under that flab.

He can break guys. a lot of people are up on Buchecha which is a solid pick. but i'll stick with some one who would completely "out physical" josh like a Daniel Cormier.

Josh is not a "nice" grappler he lays all that weight on you, grinds you, and with his boobs, and sweat dripping all over you plus you know its a lot of muscle under that flab.

He can break guys. a lot of people are up on Buchecha which is a solid pick. but i'll stick with some one who would completely "out physical" josh like a Daniel Cormier.

Kerr was a beast in his prime!

Cormier has the ability to put Josh on his back, just not sure he could submit him. Either way, I would love to watch that match,

WHy so many people sleeping on Werdum? I think he can definitely slap something on from his closed guard

WHy so many people sleeping on Werdum? I think he can definitely slap something on from his closed guard

Werdum is an oddity in both sub grappling an MMA. in BJJ he's never mentioned with the likes of his contemporaries, Jacare,Roger,marcelo,Braulio,Lister,Monson. in MMA even though he tapped Big Nog, Tapped Fedor, Tapped Cain and he still isn't viewed by many as....I don't know.

Non Casuals know who he is and what he can do but...I don't know what I'm trying to say. dude's guard is arguably(I said arguably) the best at heavyweight and like you said could see him tapping Josh from guard not easily but very possible.

i still have a hard time visualizing anyone tapping him in my head in this day and age though

Well considering mark Kerr subbed josh years ago, I'm sure there are grapplers who could submit him. Roger Gracie would for sure.

ralek and dean lister

Ralek? You mean Ryron? I don't consider him a top level competitor.

Dean Lister is also really out of prime. He is still deadly with a heel hook but his heavy drinking doesn't really allow him to push the pace anymore.

No disrespect to Barnett who is clearly an excellent grappler, but am I missing something where beating a smaller, past-prime Dean Lister and Ryron Gracie make you untappable? Thats just ridiculous.

i still have a hard time visualizing anyone tapping him in my head in this day and age though

I have no idea why people think Werdum can't tap Josh. Werdum has tapped a lot of high level guys.

A lot of the fascination is Josh Barnett branding himself as a "catch wrestler".

What the fuck??? Was he sick or something? lol I know he's not top level anymore, but... come on.

Old, road worn, injury plagued. I believe the word is he has difficult walking and he can't sit in a chair for long periods without pain.

Back