Which Heavy wgt Grappler beats Josh Barnett in Metamoris?

I feel like a post talking about how werdum is a long shot, not mentioning Buchecha but then saying the extremely past his prime Monson having a shot, has to be borderline troll.

TS is constantly trolling in the heavies and teh gheyberry. This thread is par for the course.

Roger needs to step up for the Gracie family and defeat this catch wrestle once and for all

honestly, beating him under the rules where anything other than a submission in 20 minutes is a draw is going to be extremely difficult.

i think quite a few guys would beat him under IBJJF / ADCC rules though: buchecha obviously, rodolfo, cyborg probably, roger, werdum, vinny... there's plenty of bad motherfuckers at HW that are on the highest level.

subbing him? buchecha, maybe.

But is it really that impressive that he beat Rorion? For one he was undersized with I don't know how many pounds, and two does he really do competitive sparring? What top guys does he train with except his brother? He doesn't even compete that much these days as far as I know.

I would pick cyborg, buchecha, rodolfo, Roger, xande, barral, galvao and I can't imagine him submitting nor passing keenans guard.

But is it really that impressive that he beat Rorion? For one he was undersized with I don't know how many pounds, and two does he really do competitive sparring? What top guys does he train with except his brother? He doesn't even compete that much these days as far as I know.

I would pick cyborg, buchecha, rodolfo, Roger, xande, barral, galvao and I can't imagine him submitting nor passing keenans guard.

So just to be clear, he never fought Rorion. Rorion is like 60. He fought Rorion's son Ryron.

And Roger Gracie is probably your best bet to beat him, by back take and RNC.

So just to be clear, he never fought Rorion. Rorion is like 60. He fought Rorion's son Ryron.

And Roger Gracie is probably your best bet to beat him, by back take and RNC.

My fault, Ryron offcourse.

If we are talking submissions i think Buchecha would come closer submitting him than Rogers. But yes, those two would problaby be the ones to be able to submit him. The ones i mentioned would in my opinion draw im under metamoris rules (no points right?).

Is it crazy to assume that Marcelo Garcia would have a chance to submit him these days?

Last edited:
i actually want to see frank mir in a pure grappling match and big nog

It seems a lot people in this thread only know grappling by big names. The TS is the worst offender.

Roger, buchecha, Rodolfo may be.

But in reality, a sub only match 20 mins would probably end up in a draw. Josh is a very legit grappler, And it will be incredible hard for anyone to sub him.

I believe toquinho would stand a chance too, just because of his ridiculous HH game.

Teddy Riner would be very interesting, of course would needs intense nogi and leg lock defense practice first.

Hhe would oversize and overpower Barnett substantially. He (weights about 290 lbs with 6'8) is bigger than JJ Watts and is dominating the Judo heavyweight for several years while is still young (26). He only have 2 defeats in 7 years, with 65 victories in international Judo, which is very competitive. He usually finishes his matches standing up, but I remember a good number of clock chokes, he certainly trains groundwork seriously even though don't try to maintain the fight there.

I think he could possibly stay on top and maintain pressure exhausting Barnett. The bottom game is not Barnett style. Barnett would still be favorite due his submission experience and leg lock knowledge.

My fault, Ryron offcourse.

If we are talking submissions i think Buchecha would come closer submitting him than Rogers. But yes, those two would problaby be the ones to be able to submit him. The ones i mentioned would in my opinion draw im under metamoris rules (no points right?).

Is it crazy to assume that Marcelo Garcia would have a chance to submit him these days?

Roger finishes everyone. Buchecha would run the very real chance of gassing against a guy Barnett's size.

I almost put Marcelo Garcia as well. I probably have way too much faith in him (or too little in Josh, even though I like him a lot), but I think he could do it.

Joao Assis would also have a great chance of subbing him, and I think perhaps Bernardo Faria too. Faria can endure a sick amount of punishment and he's a master at taking and finishing from the back.

You guys just don't understand that a freak electrical storm transported TS from 2008 to now and he doesn't realize it yet.

It seems a lot people in this thread only know grappling by big names. The TS is the worst offender.

Ultra Hvyweights aren't very popular

You guys needa look at the monsters in Buchecha's division and realize there are a LOT of grapplers that would smash on Barnett. Those guys are fcking huge beasts.

Hypothetical conversation

Werdum Maybe? I know Werdum is as about as Good as it gets as far as elite "big man" BJJ goes. But would he be able to get and keep top against Josh? tbh I think Josh in Metamoris would use his weight and smash guard pass world class guards like Werdum or Gonzaga.

I might get flamed for this but whoever beats josh is going to have to have a strong Wrestling and or Judo Game the names that come to mind are

1. Gabriel Gonzaga mundials champ legit threat to josh if he could get top position.

2. Dr Rhadi Ferguson Olympic level Judo and a Black Belt in BJJ. he's a lil long in the tooth but I've seen his videos and he's super aggressive.

3. Daniel Cormier. Daniel showed that he has some submission chops with his rnc over Rumble. add to that Olympic level wrestling, and the fact that he already threw Josh around like he was a bantam weight he might get the win or at least a draw

4. Fabricio Werdum. don't know if he'd get top position on Josh but his level of Jitz for a biggun is un real.

5. Jeff Monson. legit wrestling and has forgotten more about sub grappling then most black belts know.

6.Fedor Emelianko. elite Judo and Sambo. cant see Josh subbing him with scarf hold.

what say you? and who'd I forget?

What you guys not understand?? I just showed you guys Monson is no good, why u guys think he is so good? his wrestling is trash!!!

TS is constantly trolling in the heavies and teh gheyberry. This thread is par for the course.

Found babbas new account lol.

Dude because I want to have a conversation about a sport I love doesn't equate to "trolling" Fyi I haven't made a thread in the UFC forum in over 8 months

Back