Which has more value? NFTs or signed Autographs?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is a comparison of signed autographs written on a piece of paper from someone once famous, but now completely forgotten about.

vs

NFT from a meme once famous, but now completely forgotten about.

or

Are they both equal in value?

Any and everything in this world is only worth what you can get someone else to pay for it at the time of transaction.

NFTs and autographs are equal, in that regard.

I have a poster with the autographs of every player from the 1990-1991 New Jersey Devils that I got myself after one of their practices. That’s more valuable to me than the original “print” of a picture or gif. But I would never buy an autograph nor would I care about one I didn’t get myself. I don’t seek autographs anymore either.

I still don't understand the appeal or value of NFTs. I have some good autographs though, like a super bowl poster signed by Jerry Rice and a baseball signed by Willie Mays.

simpsons-abe-simpson.gif

NFTs sound like scams. Get an autographed memorabilia of some legend like Mickey Mantle appraised and get back to me.

I have a poster with the autographs of every player from the 1990-1991 New Jersey Devils that I got myself after one of their practices. That’s more valuable to me than the original “print” of a picture or gif. But I would never buy an autograph nor would I care about one I didn’t get myself. I don’t seek autographs anymore either.
You’re saying Ken Daneyko’s autograph is more valuable to you than a random JPEG of a monkey wearing a pirates hat? That’s crazy talk.

The value of NFTs is based on nothing but people SAYING they they have value. In and of themselves, no one would be willing to give anything for them. Like said, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. There will always be people willing to pay for autographs. Though I personally don’t understand that much either.

This is a comparison of signed autographs written on a piece of paper from someone once famous, but now completely forgotten about.

vs

NFT from a meme once famous, but now completely forgotten about.

or

Are they both equal in value?
The chewing gum they used to include in baseball cards has the higher value.

Back