Which great pro Boxer has/had the best style for a easy transition to KB rules ?

Not really

A low kick is about the easiest thing to learn and it's not something he would even need. Checking kicks wouldn't matter as much because he'd be moving fighters backwards and looking to get to get in on them ASAP. He wouldn't kickbox.

This is heavyweight kickboxing. Mike Bernardo, Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt had success as basically punchers. Hell, Mighty Mo had a decent run for a moment.

When I think of a Tyson-Hug or Tyson-Aerts fight it's not hard to see Tyson fucking them up. The speed and punching power is just off the charts. Not saying they couldn't beat him, but he'd be a serious problem.

There is a reason why Shannon Briggs was pulled out of K1. The Yakuzas knew he would destroy the K1 branding and the kickboxing/muay thai world.

Shit, Albert Kraus with mediocre boxing boxed his way to the k1 champ. lol.

CK believes that many pro boxers would transition to KB regardless of their styles.

1) Boxing has a bigger talent pool.
2) Kickboxing does not have impractical MT rules where you lose points for blocking body kicks with your arms.
3) Less clinching.
and many more.

Mike Tyson, Mayweather, Cotto, Alvarez, Mosley, etc. all will perform well. If mediocre Kraus can, they can too. All they gotta do is learn how to check kicks, condition their thighs and catch kicks. Botha made Aerts & Banner quit. Imagine what Tyson and Briggs would have done. Its scary to think about it and the K1 Yakuzas knew that.

CK and ebinlol in this thread are a good example of IMO the biggest thing what is wrong with this (sub)forum. You can just blatantly troll for ages as long as you don't attack people you won't be banned.

CK and ebinlol in this thread are a good example of IMO the biggest thing what is wrong with this (sub)forum. You can just blatantly troll for ages as long as you don't attack people you won't be banned.

CK speaks the truth. CK is also a man of peace & love.

I remember RvR's dad, he fought in some old Pride fights. He was the stereotypical Dutch tall guy with good kickboxing and no ground game. Thats awesome that he beat Vitali.

There is a reason why Shannon Briggs was pulled out of K1. The Yakuzas knew he would destroy the K1 branding and the kickboxing/muay thai world.

Shit, Albert Kraus with mediocre boxing boxed his way to the k1 champ. lol.

LOL Briggs beat a wrestler in a a fight were he couldn

Care to explain how I'm a troll? I give reasons behind my opinions and I don't talk in third person like this CK fool.
Go look at some of Bob's fights when he actually tried like his Musashi fight, for being such a big guy he could throw some fast round kicks. In both his Ernesto fights he continually ate punches and kicks with everything behind them and still wasn't finished.

And I don't see how my Tyson opinion is a troll, a lot of his opponents obviously aren't out cold. If he had the punching power people claim he had then he would have knocked them out cold with 1 or 2 punches, not daze them with combinations.
I feel like I'm the one getting trolled here, I'm giving reasons and examples behind my opinions and I'm just being called a troll with no reasons or examples given as to why I'm a troll in this thread.

If you were rooting for Botha in a K1 fight then why are you in the kickboxing forum? You are a real troll, not me.

I love Boxing. And I find guys that use their hands well and have power the more nice to watch.

As a fighter Tyson was very intelligent it is far from unreasonable to say that Tyson could have modified his style to adapt to kickboxing. Checking and collecting Kicks would be doable for him.

Tyson didn't have punching power, power in combinations doesn't matter, what a joke! I guess Saki is a scrub then? More than that those of you saying Tyson's style wouldn't translate are conveniently omitting the fact that a huge percentage of boxing focused kickboxers largely emulate Tyson.

The biggest thing most of you aren't taking in to account is that, the chins of the top heavyweights kickboxers of that day were suspect at best compared to the guys Tyson was walking through in boxing. Could Tyson have lost in K-1? Absolutely, but if a Zack Mwekassa could be a top 5 in one of the most stacked divisions in kickboxing, Tyson could easily have been a dominate force.

Botha had no legit K1 wins and got outboxed by mighty mo!

I know Aerts had a shin or foot injury, but what about Jerome? I heard he was sick before he even fought but he already went three rounds.
It's not good for Jerome or especially the sport of kickboxing to forfeit to a journeyman boxer.

I know Aerts had a shin or foot injury, but what about Jerome? I heard he was sick before he even fought but he already went three rounds.
It's not good for Jerome or especially the sport of kickboxing to forfeit to a journeyman boxer.
This is such a stupid concept and it goes both ways. How can one fighter in one fight represent a sport in whole?

All you can really do in these situations is look at trends and patterns and form an opinion off of that, which is still subjective.

Miguel Cotto. Perfect style

Slick headmovement that is minimalist and hard to take advantage of, good power and body work and a fairly square stance already good for checking kicks, rounded off with a great power jab and versatile lead hand.

I could see him being like Mike Zambidis or RvR except with the ability to actually box rather than just throw punches. Admittedly I'm not saying he'd make the world class unless he was actually really good at defending kicks, but I get the feeling he'd be the perfect type of boxer to go into kickboxing or MMA.

The fact that he's a physically strong dude that can man handle you when you clinch up with him also helps a lot.

Tyson might not have won a K-1 WGP with several fights in one night, especially because of the accumulation of low kicks, but he would definitely have created some big upsets in K-1 even if he didn't train any kicks or knees.

Jack Dempsey, boxing, judo, & wrestling experience, all he'd need is Muay Thai and jitz while polishing up his judo & wrestling, and of course not ignoring his boxing.

Back