Which great pro Boxer has/had the best style for a easy transition to KB rules ?

Leg Kick

White Belt
Reaction score
Certainly is not Mayweather, he would get fucked up pretty ugly.

Not Tyson. Not Toney or Hopkins. Terrible styles for a KB match.

The Klit bros maybe ?

I think Lewis could do it well too. Basically a big guy with a long reach and jab could work something out.

Vitali Klitschko I believe was 19-0 in kickboxing

I disagree, a prime Tyson could have terrorized K-1 if he learned to check kicks and incorporate some low kicks and knees.

Not really

A low kick is about the easiest thing to learn and it's not something he would even need. Checking kicks wouldn't matter as much because he'd be moving fighters backwards and looking to get to get in on them ASAP. He wouldn't kickbox.

This is heavyweight kickboxing. Mike Bernardo, Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt had success as basically punchers. Hell, Mighty Mo had a decent run for a moment.

When I think of a Tyson-Hug or Tyson-Aerts fight it's not hard to see Tyson fucking them up. The speed and punching power is just off the charts. Not saying they couldn't beat him, but he'd be a serious problem.

Maybe Golovkin? He's athletic enough

His style of constantly moving/pressuring and cutting off the ring would lend itself well to a transition to kickboxing. Throwing kicks is a lot harder against an opponent coming forward. His use of shifting and overall good footwork are also indicative of a good understanding of range, imo.

So yeah, I think golovkin would do well.

To be honest, I think almost all world class boxers would be at least decent pro kickboxers if they devoted time and effort to it. Some styles would just allow for success more quickly after a transition. I think pressure fighters would have the most immediate success. I think slower paced, counter punchers (or really anyone content to stay on the outside) would need more time to learn not to get eaten alive by kicks.

Last edited:
Vitali was knocked out by Pele Reid who went 0-4 in K1 , with 2 of those by KO/TKO. Its also said he was KOed by Robin Van Roosemalen's father like others have said in this thread, but I can't find any video. Just remember Vitali was a kickboxer before he was a boxer. I think he even lied about this one and said it was from a leg kick to try to save face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7zExsuCRU < is Vitali vs Pele

And I don't understand why people say Tyson had a lot of punching power. Go look at some of his fights, they aren't one punch KOs and most of the time they aren't cold. I know Mike Tyson wanted to fight Bob Sapp and if it had happened at that time I would give it to Sapp atleast 9 times out of 10. Sapp was a beast when he actually tried and have some devasting kicks when he actually threw them and he could take a beating unlike any other.
Boxers don't have magical chins or punching power like a lot of people say they do, they just have movement that suits boxing. I'd say Francisco Filho may have been the hardest puncher in all combat sports in the early 2000s.
Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller who lost to an old, worn out Cro Cop in '14 is now 12-0-1 in boxing and ranked 63 in the world by the IBO http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/heavy.html for proof.

I disagree, a prime Tyson could have terrorized K-1 if he learned to check kicks and incorporate some low kicks and knees.

There is no way the peekaboo style would allow such incorporation. Tyson needs to literally smash his feet on the ground as he bobs and weaves. Lifting them to check kicks would fuck up his boxing. How is a boxer who can't box going to beat a high level kickboxer?

And I don't understand why people say Tyson had a lot of punching power. Go look at some of his fights, they aren't one punch KOs and most of the time they aren't cold. I know Mike Tyson wanted to fight Bob Sapp and if it had happened at that time I would give it to Sapp atleast 9 times out of 10. Sapp was a beast when he actually tried and have some devasting kicks when he actually threw them and he could take a beating unlike any other.

Hmmm, I feel as though you have no idea what you're talking about. Tyson had 44 wins by KO or TKO in 50 wins. Also many of those wins were in the first or second round.

If that's not punching power, then are you implying that he had the telepathic power to break their minds from a distance?

About Tyson - he'd just have to be taught to take the leg kick and come through with the right hand. He'd get inside and take kicks out of the equation for much of the fight. Knees might be a bigger problem.

:eek: You're as bad as CK.

Hmmm, I feel as though you have no idea what you're talking about. Tyson had 44 wins by KO or TKO in 50 wins. Also many of those wins were in the first or second round.

If that's not punching power, then are you implying that he had the telepathic power to break their minds from a distance?

He threw combinations and didn't knock them out cold. Real punching power is landing one punch and knocking them out cold, which he rarely did.

Vitali was knocked out by Pele Reid who went 0-4 in K1 , with 2 of those by KO/TKO. Its also said he was KOed by Robin Van Roosemalen's father like others have said in this thread, but I can't find any video. Just remember Vitali was a kickboxer before he was a boxer. I think he even lied about this one and said it was from a leg kick to try to save face.

Boxers don't have magical chins or punching power like a lot of people say they do, they just have movement that suits boxing. I'd say Francisco Filho may have been the hardest puncher in all combat sports in the early 2000s.
Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller who lost to an old, worn out Cro Cop in '14 is now 12-0-1 in boxing and ranked 63 in the world by the IBO http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/heavy.html for proof.

You are the biggest troll ever

Please Santa,give him a red card

Well, Vitali was "knocked out" in a light contact bout when he was an amateur. In a light contact bout they stop the action if you go down, so I wouldn't count it against him too much. Wlad is clearly one of the most athletic HW in recent boxing history and if he learned to wrestle he could be a GSP kind of champion complete with the cautious mentality. A young Pacquiao could also have been a killer in mma, I believe.

He threw combinations and didn't knock them out cold. Real punching power is landing one punch and knocking them out cold, which he rarely did.

Hah, stop posting.

MT/KB fanboys are going to hammer u on this cuz ya know tyson would eat knees, elbows and kicks. NOT! :icon_chee

Back