Which GOAT in their prime would do the best against their division's current top 5?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Of the previous generations GOATs, which one would do best if they could fight the current top 5 of their divisions in their prime form?

Prime Fedor vs current HW top 5
Prime Anderson vs current MW top 5
Prime GSP vs current WW top 5
or Prime BJ vs current LW top 5?

All 4 of them would be champs in the current divisions

Anderson would maybe have the most difficult time since he would need to beat Rockhold and Romero

Anderson would maybe have the most difficult time since he would need to beat Rockhold and Romero
tumblr_nkmls0Rj5P1u4y1i1o2_500.gif

They all have a favorable chance to become champs but I don't see any of them just running through the current top 5.

Anderson and GSP would be champions, the other 2 wouldn't
<{cum@me}>

I kind of see Rockhold getting KTFO by Anderson without too much trouble, Jacare and Weidman might be tougher (styles make fights).

out of those 4, i see GSP being the only potential dominant champ.

I see Fedor and Silva holding the title at some point, but their reigns wouldn't last that long. They'd get caught by somebody

BJ I don't think would be champ

Fedor and GSP would do extremely well. I think they'd both be champions.

Anderson might struggle against Rockhold because he is a lengthy wrestler with good sub defense, but I could see him as champion as well.

LW is a hornets nest and BJ would struggle, but could win against any of 'em.

Of the previous generations GOATs, which one would do best if they could fight the current top 5 of their divisions in their prime form?

GSP would do good now.

Anderson would be exposed. The other 3 would be champions

He would also face a bad stylistic matchup in Bisping. Hollywood Bisping beats prime Anderson.

The real question is how would any of them do agains McGregor?

Georges St Pierre would run through the current welterweight division IMO, although if he continued for another year in 2014 and fought Hendricks again and Lawler, would have been more interesting than a return today.

GSP clears the table and makes it look easy.
Fedor will have some trouble with JDS but should beat the rest.
Romero, Weidman, and possibly Jacare will give Anderson a hard time.
Dos Anjos and Alvarez are beatable for BJ but the rest are trouble.

Fedor and GSP would do extremely well. I think they'd both be champions.

Anderson might struggle against Rockhold because he is a lengthy wrestler with good sub defense, but I could see him as champion as well.

LW is a hornets nest and BJ would struggle, but could win against any of 'em.

Not sure if rockhold is a wrestler. He has great top control and transitions but his tds are subpar. I don't see him taking Anderson down. Stylewise I think Anderson matches up well with rockhold

Not sure if rockhold is a wrestler. He has great top control and transitions but his tds are subpar. I don't see him taking Anderson down. Stylewise I think Anderson matches up well with rockhold
Yeah, I just meant his range and grappling ability could be a problem. But I would pick prime Silva over Rockhold.

Back