Which gloves have the best pop sound on the heavy bag

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just like the title said, which gloves have the best pop sound when you hit the heavy bag. I'm curious to hear your guys response and from my experience, it would have be my 16 oz. Cleto Reyes training gloves. On the heavy bag, the Cleto Reyes made an awesome pop sound.

Just like the title said, which gloves have the best pop sound when you hit the heavy bag. I'm curious to hear your guys response and from my experience, it would have be my 16 oz. Cleto Reyes training gloves. On the heavy bag, the Cleto Reyes made an awesome pop sound.

Why do you need to hear them "pop"?

I guess the sound make you think that you hit harder, haha. I don't think it's just about the gloves, you can make that "pop" with any gloves. My 14oz Twins BGVL3 "pop" pretty nice.

Rival RB10 D3O gloves.

My Boon's always popped nicely.

Same here,especially on some focus mitts!

I recently retired my 12 oz boons as my main bag/pad glove and replaced them with 10 oz regenisis. The hyabusas are great gloves, even though they are a lighter ,they don't make the same "pop" as the boons. Those things where like a whip cracking.

Probably gonna end up buying another pair :)

Reyes make a great pop for sure. The fit-cuff Reyes were the exact opposite though. No pop at all. My Grants give pretty great feedback as well.

Winnings gloves and mitts are amazing, but they certainly don't sing the way some others do. As trivial as it may be, I was a little disappointed in how "flat" they sounded. Same goes for my Winning mitts. They're the greatest mitts I've ever owned, but you don't get that crack that cuts through the gym the way some of these firmer mitts would.

gloves with broader and flat hitting surface will have louder sound on mitts. Cleto, Boon, or twins bgvl3 will sound louder than sabas or winning.

I just got sabas supersoft. They have bigger striking surface than proseries Hence they make louder sound on mitts.
I feel good

I've been getting pretty good pop out of a pair of 12oz Sting Predators I've been using recently. Otherwise Reyes and Rival is how I'd answer that question.

fuk spending money on reyes just for bag gloves usually people use cheaper gloves to hit pads/bags

most guys get a pair under 80 for bags and keep the expensive gloves for sparring i use a pair of 60 dollar bad boys for my bad/pad work atm they do a fine job for just hitting bags

This thread is 5 years old my dudes.

is it against the rule to reply a 5 years old thread?

No but the original poster is usually long gone so it is usually pointless. But nobody likes a necro.

In this case @Noodles03 is still active so maybe your answer helps him?

Back