Which fights spring to mind where the UFC very obviously wanted one guy to win?

What I don't understand is why they didn't make the Paul Felder fight. Paul Felder was supposed to fight Al. Was the favorite to beat Al. And despite not being ranked people had him as a dark horse contender. But the commission wouldn't sanction a title fight with an unranked guy so they okayed the 14th ranked guy? I just felt the entire situation was stupid.
"What I don't understand..."

Proceeds to explain in very simple terms why what occurred, occurred.

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II

NY athletic commission declined Felder because he wasn't ranked at 155. I am not sure why he wasn't ranked at the time he just had 3 finishes and 2 of those were PON.
That's exactly what I mean. That whole thing made no sense.

Judges are picked by athletic commissions not the ufc.
Judges picks against what the ufc wants all the time.

It what the ufc does in response to Yan losing that I know he the ufc is secretly backing him.

Got a pretty easy road to the title. Whether it was Aldo or faber or riveria they were all over the hill guys by the time they fought Yan. I mean Aldo got the TS coming off a loss.
Then he after being DQ in a title fight he gets rewarded with an interim title fight.
Then when he loses in his rematch with Sterling he gets another immediate #1 contender's fight and loses.

Do you not think that if Yan had beaten O'Malley they wouldn't be doing a Yan vs Cejudo or Merab interim title while Sterling is having surgery? I bet they would but Yan keeps losing.
No athletic commission in Dubai. UFC is the athletic commission for Fight Island. They hand pick everyone involved at Fight Island, judges included.

Nunes vs Cyborg
Cain vs Werdum
Conor, Rousey, O'malley, Paddy etc.. against everybody they fought/will fight
Khamzat vs Nate (obviously the fight didn't happen)
Pretty much everybody that fought Oliveira when he got near the belt, they wanted Chandler, Poirier, Gaethje and Makhachev to win for sure

Hahahahaha.

Rewatching now, & Rogan yells "NO" when the referee steps in to end the contest & immediately starts berating the stoppage. I loved Cung's style & performance here, but he was hammered by the time it was stopped.

Good shout.
That was hilarious, the only thing that stopped him was seeing Cung's sideways nose

they do make it obvious, some cases I'd understand, like Jon Fitch was such a boring fighter if he wasn't getting beat up, I wouldn't want him to win either, the Izzy vs Jan fight was clear dick riding, Jan is good give him credit

I'm not talking about obvious examples like Rousey or McGregor, where they would obviously prefer the cash cow to win.

Which fights have you watched where it was very obvious from something that was said or done before/during the fight that the UFC (or any other promotion) wanted one guy to win &/or a narrative was being pushed.

For me, it was the late Rumble Johnson vs Vitor Belfort. The context was that Rumble kept missing weight (and was cut immediately afterwards). He had Vitor in a fair amount of trouble on the ground several times & Miragliotta kept standing them back up at the merest sign of inactivity. It was ludicrous. I remember watching it at the time, & thinking "this stinks".

Yeah I thought this was highly suspect on Dan M's part. The standups were some of the most ridiculous I have ever seen.

I'm mean:
Greasegate against BJ in the rematch.
Outright refusal to fight AS in private while pretending to want the fight in public.
Bashing the NAC commissions drug policy despite knowing upgraded testing was coming.
Losing to Matt serra.
Becoming the most risk adverse champ ever.
Retiring without telling the ufc first.
Beating Bisping for winning the MW belt.
Vacating the MW belt after promising publicly to defend it over health issues.
A few months after dropping the MW title he puts out he wants to fight Khabib.
Running around with De la Hoya who DW hates and trying to get a mega payday for him and Hoya.
Started a fighter's association just to hold the ufc hostage.

The man has given DW plenty of reasons for him not to like him.
Most risk averse champ ever?

Izzy said hold my beer

Not UFC but I was legit laughing at how mad Dana was getting when Rampage fought Chuck in Pride

Some people's are funny

You don't think the UFC had a huge invested interest in that fight happening and Khabib winning? After all that happened in the leadup Khabib loses would have been a disaster as it would have meant the Conor fight was off. They needed Khabib to win and for the fight to happen in order to setup the biggest fight in UFC history.

It isn't a comment on Khabib who likely wins whoever he fights at that point, just on the UFC's perspective.

I'm not talking about obvious examples like Rousey or McGregor, where they would obviously prefer the cash cow to win.

Which fights have you watched where it was very obvious from something that was said or done before/during the fight that the UFC (or any other promotion) wanted one guy to win &/or a narrative was being pushed.

For me, it was the late Rumble Johnson vs Vitor Belfort. The context was that Rumble kept missing weight (and was cut immediately afterwards). He had Vitor in a fair amount of trouble on the ground several times & Miragliotta kept standing them back up at the merest sign of inactivity. It was ludicrous. I remember watching it at the time, & thinking "this stinks".
I know you said McGregor but I have to mention the McGregor vs Cowboy fight. Krause probably made a killing on that fight.

Back