Which fights spring to mind where the UFC very obviously wanted one guy to win?

I find this to be a really odd take. If the UFC was so behind Yan, why didn't the judges get the memo?
Judges are picked by athletic commissions not the ufc.
Judges picks against what the ufc wants all the time.

It what the ufc does in response to Yan losing that I know he the ufc is secretly backing him.

Got a pretty easy road to the title. Whether it was Aldo or faber or riveria they were all over the hill guys by the time they fought Yan. I mean Aldo got the TS coming off a loss.
Then he after being DQ in a title fight he gets rewarded with an interim title fight.
Then when he loses in his rematch with Sterling he gets another immediate #1 contender's fight and loses.

Do you not think that if Yan had beaten O'Malley they wouldn't be doing a Yan vs Cejudo or Merab interim title while Sterling is having surgery? I bet they would but Yan keeps losing.

Judges are picked by athletic commissions not the ufc.
Judges picks against what the ufc wants all the time.

It what the ufc does in response to Yan losing that I know he the ufc is secretly backing him.

Got a pretty easy road to the title. Whether it was Aldo or faber or riveria they were all over the hill guys by the time they fought Yan. I mean Aldo got the TS coming off a loss.
Then he after being DQ in a title fight he gets rewarded with an interim title fight.
Then when he loses in his rematch with Sterling he gets another immediate #1 contender's fight and loses.

Do you not think that if Yan had beaten O'Malley they wouldn't be doing a Yan vs Cejudo or Merab interim title while Sterling is having surgery? I bet they would but Yan keeps losing.
Yan "lost" to O'Malley according to the judges. Anyone who watched the fight knows otherwise. He would have won the first Sterling fight and he should have won the second. Why do you think the UFC wants Yan as the champion, when it's obvious they want O'Malley?

Yan "lost" to O'Malley according to the judges. Anyone who watched the fight knows otherwise. He would have won the first Sterling fight and he should have won the second. Why do you think the UFC wants Yan as the champion, when it's obvious they want O'Malley?
The only opinions that matters is the judges. And I had it 1-1 going into the 3rd and O'Malley definitely won the 3rd.

He should've lost the 1st sterling fight via DQ and did lose the first fight via DQ.
He should've lost the second sterling fight 48-47 and did.

And if the UFC wanted to make O'Malley champ they'd give him the TS. He just beat Yan. The only one above him is sterling but they are pushing Cejudo. Cejudo doesn't sell. He's been gone. It would be easy to give Sean the fight but they aren't because clearly they don't want Sean to be champ.
Sean is tough to work with. He does have a social media presence but that presence doesn't translate into intimate ppv sales and Sean is negotiating off of followers and projected sales while the ufc is trying to low ball him.

And what's funny is the same reasons Yan fans give for why they think Sterling lost are the same reasons they are giving trying to say Yan best Sean. It's funny. Yan turned into a panic wrestler to stop getting punched in the face. Sterling took Yan down, transitioned to a dominant positive and attempted to get a sub but didn't because Yan was defending.

That is true but Dana clearly had a personal grudge against GSP.
I'm mean:
Greasegate against BJ in the rematch.
Outright refusal to fight AS in private while pretending to want the fight in public.
Bashing the NAC commissions drug policy despite knowing upgraded testing was coming.
Losing to Matt serra.
Becoming the most risk adverse champ ever.
Retiring without telling the ufc first.
Beating Bisping for winning the MW belt.
Vacating the MW belt after promising publicly to defend it over health issues.
A few months after dropping the MW title he puts out he wants to fight Khabib.
Running around with De la Hoya who DW hates and trying to get a mega payday for him and Hoya.
Started a fighter's association just to hold the ufc hostage.

The man has given DW plenty of reasons for him not to like him.

Cung Le vs Wanderlei

You will never hear more bias from Joe Rogan than how Joe was talking about Cung Le before the bout, during the bout, and after the bout (that he lost).

I'll have to go back and watch this.

God, I loved that fight. Cung Le fought like something out of a movie. Funnily enough, off the top of my head, Thompson the other night was the closest thing I've seen since; kicks being thrown from all angles.

Cung Le vs Wanderlei

You will never hear more bias from Joe Rogan than how Joe was talking about Cung Le before the bout, during the bout, and after the bout (that he lost).

Hahahahaha.

Rewatching now, & Rogan yells "NO" when the referee steps in to end the contest & immediately starts berating the stoppage. I loved Cung's style & performance here, but he was hammered by the time it was stopped.

Good shout.

GSP vs Hendricks. They were so MAD when GSP won. It was fuckin hilarious.

I still think that was a quick BS stand up. Rumble finally got Vitor to the ground just to be stood up 10 seconds later.
#1 BS.
That was my initial thought the first time I watched that fight. However, I just rewatched that fight and agree with the stand up. Vitor had rumble in full guard, and overhook on rumbles right arm that rendered it useless and was fighting for hand control on rumbles left arm. There was nothing rumble could do and actually wish standups occurred more often if the fighter on the bottom can effectively neutralize the top fighters ability to strike, advance, or submit.

What was the fight where Joe Silva told a fighter to break his opponent's arm?
Maynard vs Huerta...
He spoke out against the UFC,” Maynard said. “They were pissed. Joe Silva called me up and said ‘look, I’m giving you this fight as a gift. I want you to go out there and break his arm and I want you to f**king kill him and blah, blah, blah. I was just like ‘holy shit, they are ruthless about that because he spoke out.

What I don't understand is why they didn't make the Paul Felder fight. Paul Felder was supposed to fight Al. Was the favorite to beat Al. And despite not being ranked people had him as a dark horse contender. But the commission wouldn't sanction a title fight with an unranked guy so they okayed the 14th ranked guy? I just felt the entire situation was stupid.

NY athletic commission declined Felder because he wasn't ranked at 155. I am not sure why he wasn't ranked at the time he just had 3 finishes and 2 of those were PON.

CM Punk vs Michael Jackson
images

Khabib interim v raging Al. He was like the third or fourth option of people available on the day (not 3th or 4th in line for an interim shot). Then UFC did everything to make it work, apparently it even went to the stage of weighing raging Al's underwear. I don't think there has been a bigger gift for interim title than that one for Khabib.

Had raging Al not been available I am sure UFC would have had Khabib fight a dummy in order to get him that interim.
Some people's are funny

Back