Which fighters were ready when Dana chose 10 day camp Mendes and Cabo Nate to fight Conor?

In both of these cases, there were fighters who were in fighting shape and ready to fight Conor when his first opponents fell through. But instead, Dana went out of his way to choose fighters who had not been training/were out of shape, to make Conor look good (obviously Cabo Nate blew up in his face).

Does anyone remember which fighters volunteered who were in fighting shape and ready to go? For the Mendes fight, I believe Frankie Edgar said he was in fighting shape and ready, but Dana turned him down and instead chose an unprepared fighter who almost beat him anyway (until Mendes gassed).

Anyone remember the other fighters who volunteered to step in for each of those fights?

View attachment 715729
So mendes almost beat connor now? You haters are fucking pathetic lol

I like his boxing style, aggression, that he can get subs from anywhere, and frankly, his attitude. Definitely a more exciting fighter to watch than Khabib. For me, and also I'd guess the majority of fans agree with me.
Majority of fans are just super casual just bleed mfs who can't differentiate underhooks from overhooks. They buy into ufc's hype machine, Joe rogan and its silly machinations and the fact that the diaz bros smoke weed and flip everyone off. Also nothing exciting about a fighter who can't avoids wrestlers because he can't avoid getting wet blanketed. Trash. I understand conor, you can see the striking, the technique the pop in said techniques, the explosiveness. Diaz is as slow as molasses, doesn't throw kicks ever, doesn't block them either etc. Trash
But to each his own.

People like you don't count, though. You'd bitch about anything just cause it relates to Conor. Had they gone with Cowboy, you'd say Conor ducked Nate and Pettis - both of whom had wins over Cerrone. And the absolute ceaselessness of bringing up early 2016 Khabib, a guy you could barely put on prelims, when UFC are trying to save a card... Sheesh.
LOL
typical COnor nuthugger : You don't count because you have a point that I can't answer to.

Kid, please learn: Had him picked an opponent that was in shape, there would be none of the criticism.
But when fighters that were in shape called him out and he ignored them and picked fighters that were clearly out of shape, then all YOU have are a bunch of excuses.
He picked them because he had a full camp, was fighting unprepared fighters AND would make millions ONLY if he fought them.

So please stop with your excuses and accept reality. He made a business decision. That's fine with me.
But what's not fine are your blatant lies to try and justify it.

The articles are from 2 weeks before the fight with his camp saying he started training 3 weeks ago. Lol. This is fact. How is it you think you know better than his camp from 2 weeks before the actual fight?
sorry, but you can try to lie as much as you want, you can't change the past.
Mendes himself attempted to get a rematch stating the obvious and common-knowledge that he was not in shape when they fought.

sorry, but you can try to lie as much as you want, you can't change the past.
Mendes himself attempted to get a rematch stating the obvious and common-knowledge that he was not in shape when they fought.
you seem to have mental problems. i'm not lying. i'm quoting his own fucking team from 2 weeks before the fight, and we know mendes was officially on standby 3 weeks before the fight.

Dana is a fight promoter, why he not want to make Conor a star? The other guys are boring and bland where Conor brings a level of excitement that no one else does. Of course Dana will set him up.

you seem to have mental problems. i'm not lying. i'm quoting his own fucking team from 2 weeks before the fight, and we know mendes was officially on standby 3 weeks before the fight.
Kid, you are either that fucking stupid or that desperate and dishonest to believe in that blatant lie when they themselves acknowledged it was a lie.
From Mendes himself:
"the lack of a training camp) was 110 percent the factor of the loss in that fight,"
"Obviously going into that fight I’m gonna talk it up. You know ‘I’m in great shape, I’ve been training.’ Yeah, I’ve been training and keeping a decent shape but there was no way you could ever be in a five-round fight shape, you know, in two weeks. Like I said, he knows it, everybody knows it. (With a) full camp, I destroy that guy."

So are you:
- that fucking stupid?
- desperate and dishonest ?
Please pick one... though in your case, you can pick both and we will agree (at least) on that.

Last edited:
Kid, you are either that fucking stupid or that desperate and dishonest to believe in that blatant lie when they themselves acknowledged it was a lie.
From Mendes himself:

So are you:
- that fucking stupid?
- desperate and dishonest ?
Please pick one... though in your case, you can pick both and we will agree (at least) on that.

lol. and mcgregor had a broken foot against khabib. it's hilarious that the one fuckin post fight excuse you actually believe is this one. again, he knew he was standby for a fact 3 weeks before the fight and it was highly likely aldo wasn't going to be able to fight. he knew well before that that aldo may not make the fight and he was a likely candidate. so, now, after the fight, with mendes petitioning for a rematch, you believe the 2 weeks story HE was telling to try and dismiss his loss. lol at him training when he was a standby fighter being the lie, and the truth is he wasn't training at all, because he told us he only lost because he didn't have a full camp.

and yeah, conor had a broken foot, tito had a broken skull, rampage was poisoned, diego had food poisoning, etc. but mendes camp was lying 3 weeks before the fight saying he's been training, and YOU know mendes was telling the truth when he was making excuses for his loss and claiming he'd definitely win a rematch.......

oh, and why are you such a fucking douche whenever you disagree with someone? i posted fuckin links that establish my position and you curse and rant and call me a liar. you're fuckin mental and you should take a deep breath and reevaluate yourself. and lol at you calling me kid.

lol. and mcgregor had a broken foot against khabib. it's hilarious that the one fuckin post fight excuse you actually believe is this one. again, he knew he was standby for a fact 3 weeks before the fight and it was highly likely aldo wasn't going to be able to fight. he knew well before that that aldo may not make the fight and he was a likely candidate. so, now, after the fight, with mendes petitioning for a rematch, you believe the 2 weeks story HE was telling to try and dismiss his loss. lol at him training when he was a standby fighter being the lie, and the truth is he wasn't training at all, because he told us he only lost because he didn't have a full camp.

and yeah, conor had a broken foot, tito had a broken skull, rampage was poisoned, diego had food poisoning, etc. but mendes camp was lying 3 weeks before the fight saying he's been training, and YOU know mendes was telling the truth when he was making excuses for his loss and claiming he'd definitely win a rematch.......

oh, and why are you such a fucking douche whenever you disagree with someone? i posted fuckin links that establish my position and you curse and rant and call me a liar. you're fuckin mental and you should take a deep breath and reevaluate yourself. and lol at you calling me kid.

Sorry, kid.
But the fact someone lies once, it doesn't mean everyone lies.
But it is a KNOWN FACT that Mendes was filming weeks before the fight.
It is also a known fact that he wasn't even there when the UFC looked for him.

That's while it is a known fact that the UFC called Frankie, and he was at his gym. It is also a aact he said yes.
Oh, and it is a fact the UFC didn't even bother calling him back. they flew Mendes back and he had 2 weeks to train for the fight.
Actually, the fact is that he couldn't train, so they mostly worked on him losing weight and working mostly on strategy.

You can chose to be a dumbass and try to lie your whole life.
But facts disagree with you.

The very fact you are trying to change them just exposes you further, kid.

There's absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind of what happened.
You are just too fucking dishonest to try and change facts.

And please note: I am NOT talking about any other fights. I am not trying to change what someone else said or done.
I am talking specifically about ONE FIGHT that you are attempting to make up lies for using unrelated fights and other fighters.

You got nothing.
You are just embarrassing yourself.

Back