Which fighters have superior resumes to DC?

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
DC easily has one of the greatest resumes this sport has ever seen. He has been fighting legit competition ever since he started really. His notable wins are as follows:

Lucas Browne
Tony Johnson
Jeff Monson
Bigfoot Silva
Soa Palelei
Josh Barnett
Frank Mir
Roy Nelson
Patrick Cummins
Dan Henderson
Anthony Johnson x2
Alex Gustafsson
Anderson Silva
Volkan Oezdemir
Stipe Miocic
Derrick Lewis

Pretty impressive stuff. 5 UFC champs. Would likely be more if Jon Jones wasnt so dominant. DC was able to beat the MW and HW GOAT in UFC. Not to mention he was a short notice entrant into the Strikeforce Grand Prix in which he won. That Grand Prix included the likes of Overeem, Werdum, Fedor, Josh Barnett and Sergei Kharitonov. I can even appreciate DCs underrated wins such as Tony Johnson and Jeff Monson. Do you think DC has a rock solid argument for a top 5 GOAT? First and only fighter to successfully defend titles in two different weight classes and only the 2nd simutaneous multi-division champion in UFC history. DC Bless.

Dan Henderson:

Carlos Newton
Gilbert Yvel
Rodrigo Nogueira
Ninja Rua
Ryo Chonan
Vitor Belfort
Wanderlei x2
Palhares
Feijao
Rich Franklin
Bisping
Babalu
Fedor
Shogun x2
Boetsch
Lombard

Definitely one of the greatest. The only stain on his record is Jones and Stipe. Can't really argue with that.

Hard to put him in top 5 GOAT category, with Jones, GSP, Fedor, Anderson, and Aldo pretty clearly holding down those spots. But certainly I have him in the top 10. Tremendous career, hope we get to see him in the octagon one more time.

Hard to put him in top 5 GOAT category, with Jones, GSP, Fedor, Anderson, and Aldo pretty clearly holding down those spots. But certainly I have him in the top 10. Tremendous career, hope we get to see him in the octagon one more time.

I'm not as clear as you on Jones and Anderson.

Lyoto Machida:

Rich Franklin
Bj Penn
Stephen Bonnar
Sokodjou
Tito ortiz
Thiago Silva
Rashad Evans
Ryan Bader
Dan Henderson
Vitor belfort
Randy Couture
Gegard mousasi
Chael sonnen
Should've won these fights
****Rampage Jackson
****Phil Davis
Should've lost this fight
****Shogun Rua

He is definitely top10 and has a good case for top5. Amazing fighter with an amazing career. Probably would’ve been the GOAT if not for Jones

Jones, Conor, Fedor, Silva, GSP, Khabib, Aldo, MM, Nunes, Cejudo

From HW, arguably Stipe. Ngannou is pretty close tbh, if he wins Stipe

Hendo flat out has the best resume of any fighter in MMA history win or lose.

Hendo fought the top guys in 3 weight classes.

HW:

Beat Big Nog and Fedor

LHW: Fought a very close fight against Rampage at the best he looked in his late career. Knocked out Wanderlei Silva at his peak. Fought Daniel Cormier at his best.

MW: Fought Anderson Silva at his peak.

Fedor
Nog
Gsp
Anderson
Jones
Hendo
Aldo

All have better resume imo ....

Dc fits in with

Edgar
MM
Hughes
Cruz
Machida
Wand

So basically he’s Elite as fuck lol

Last edited:
Hendo flat out has the best resume of any fighter in MMA history win or lose.

Hendo fought the top guys in 3 weight classes.

HW:

Beat Big Nog and Fedor

LHW: Fought a very close fight against Rampage at the best he looked in his late career. Knocked out Wanderlei Silva at his peak. Fought Daniel Cormier at his best.

MW: Fought Anderson Silva at his peak.
So he fought them and lost. How does that make his resume great?

So he fought them and lost. How does that make his resume great?

? Do you know what the word resume means?

It's a list of your experiences, good and bad (unless you lie on your resume...)

Take any other MMA fighter and have them fight that many top 10 and top 5 guys and see how many losses they have.

Guys like Fedor have about 20 can fights on their resume.

Plus Show me another MW that beat 2 of the HW GOAT contenders.

Dan Henderson:

Carlos Newton
Gilbert Yvel
Rodrigo Nogueira
Ninja Rua
Ryo Chonan
Vitor Belfort
Wanderlei x2
Palhares
Feijao
Rich Franklin
Bisping
Babalu
Fedor
Shogun x2
Boetsch
Lombard
Hendo arguably has the toughest strength of schedule in mma history. Love it.

I would take Aldo out and put Mighty Mouse in. That being said, DC never had that long run of continued dominance in which he was recognized as the best in his weight class. He was the best heavyweight for a very short time after beating Stipe, but in hindsight with the eyepokes and Stipe KOing him in the rematch, it's a coin toss.

At LHW, even at his peak, people remember him losing to Jones. I get the steroid/drug criticism, but DC was never universally seen at the best. With the others, whether it's Fedor for a decade in Rings/Pride/up to the Werdum loss, or Anderson from Franklin 1/Hendo to Weidman, or GSP from Hughes 2/Serra 2 through Hendricks, or DJ from the tournament win/Benavidez 2 through the Cejudo loss or arguably even now, to Jones, from Shogun to the steroid controversies or even now, they were all clearly considered the very best in their division for long stretches of time.

----------

As for the resume talk, DC has fought and beat a lot of good guys. If we are talking about just "fighting" resume (win, lose, or draw), then Hendo and Chael would be higher, maybe BJ Penn, among others. If talking about great wins on their resume, then I would say Jones. But overall GOAT, it would probably be Fedor/GSP in a tie for me, personally.

DC is great though, especially considering how late he started. He has some amazing moments in the sport. The Strikeforce Tournament that he was an alternate in, I believe, and he dominated. The Rumble dominant wins when Rumble was a scary mofo. The Stipe KO. The classic against Alex G. Lots of great moments.

Last edited:
Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria

Jeremy Horn
Dan Henderson 2X
Mark Coleman
Heath Herring 3X
Enson Inoue
Semmy Schildt
Fedor Emilanenko 2X
Miko Filipovic
Ricco Rodriguez
Sergei Kharatonov
Fabricio Werdum 2X
Josh Barnett 2X
Tim Sylvia
Randy Couture
Frank Mir 2X
Cain Velasquez
Roy Nelson

Fedor
Nog
Gsp
Anderson
Jones
Hendo

All have better resume imo ....

Dc fits in with

Aldo
Edgar
MM
Hughes
Cruz
Machida
Wand

So basically he’s Elite as fuck lol

I agree with a lot of this, except Aldo should be in the top bracket. He's top 5 goat material with ranked wins over

Cub
Faber (champ)
Mike brown (champ)
Hominick
Florian
Mendes x2
Edgar (champ) x2
KZ
Lamas
Stephens
Moicano

And he beat most of them in their prime.

Back