Which fighters are dangerous in Full Mount in your opinion?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I see a lot of guys today in MMA who achieve full mount and do nothing with it only to get bucked off.

Who is your best candidate? I'm going to go with Gunnar Nelson because I like that he beats the shit out of you there before he taps you. I know Maia raped him there and he beat the snot out of Gunnar too but it's 50/50 with Maia whether he wants to hurt you or gently put you to sleep.

Those two, Maia and Gunny

Frankie gets a mention for the lil guys

Shogun decimated opponents when he had gotten mount in the past. I wish he went back to his GnP. He hits like a truck from the top position.

I see a lot of guys today in MMA who achieve full mount and do nothing with it only to get bucked off.

Who is your best candidate? I'm going to go with Gunnar Nelson because I like that he beats the shit out of you there before he taps you. I know Maia raped him there and he beat the snot out of Gunnar too but it's 50/50 with Maia whether he wants to hurt you or gently put you to sleep.
Unrelated, but Notice that in the beggining of the Maia fight Gunnar was doing fine in the scrambles, but the size and cardio later also played a huge factor in that fight

Nate Diaz dominated Conor so bad in full mount, he actually impregnated Conor's girlfriend from the position.

Having this guy on top of you is always a nightmare

hqdefault.jpg

Khabib is most dangerous in half mount and side control that many fighters in full mount

Prime Bigfoot
Barnett against Yvel and some others. If he doesn't get the head/arm he'll drop 'em down
Travis Browne
Penn in his youth, though usually from back mount
Pat Smith in the early UFC's

Diego's mount GNP on that scrub Swede David Bielkeden or whatever was sheer brutality.

Back