Which fighter was the biggest let down?

It is at least partially because he is from my hometown, but Denis Kang. Tons of talent, not much fight sense.

Erick Silva, Tyson Griffin, Brad Tavares, UFC Hioki, and probably a few others.

philipe nover ;)

lucky he gets another chance to develop himself against barao :confused:

never really thought clint hester would go get that belt or anything, but he has faded a bit too fast from what i was expecting. and now he has been cut.

How is Shogun a let down, he was Pride Champion, UFC Champion and only lost his belt to LHW Goat. He did decline due to injuries, but he accomplished way more than most.

He got choked out by Chael fucking Sonnet. Lost a bunch of fights he should have won. His career did not live up to the promise of the beginning of it.

I agree with Herman, he was a stellar athlete, great wrestler, reach, build...he walked onto a div 1 wrestling team with no high school background and had a pretty good career. He could of been a contender but he came in with stupid as fuck game plans and is notoriously lazy with training and his approach to life in general.

BJ Penn

hate to judge but he's really no better than JJ in the way he let it go. Could've trained harder and really could've had a better team in his corner behind him. He just loved his ways and was unwilling to ever change it. Except when he worked with Marinovich briefly. Also physically, after the age of 31 I don't remember many others who deteriorated physically as bad as Penn.

His ember burned bright but fleeting. He should not be fighting anymore.

Gonzaga

Got me into the UFC when he kicked Crocop's head off

I expected big things and then he lost to Randy ... badly ... crying with blood in his eyes

And then he kicked Chris the crowbar Tuchnerrnenr in the nuts

ummm disappeared and came back and fucking lost to old Crocop

Oh my goodness

Vinny magalhaes, guy had all sorts of potential but never got it together.

Maybe Cain for me, only in the sense injuries have denied us a huge part of his athletic prime.

Edson Barboza. I was so hyped on him then he let me down. Now I don't know if I should be hype about him again. lol.

Back