Which fighter was the biggest let down?

Pride Cro Cop made a giddy school girl. Pride and Affliction Fedor made me a fan for life. UFC Cro Cop looked like a mentally destroyed fighter. I did enjoy his hellbows in the Gonzaga rematch though. I tend to pretend Fedor retired after decapitating Rogers.

I also though two belt Hendo coming in from Pride would have done better.

Gomi broke my heart a bit too.

Brandon Vera and it's not even close. no one has had a more disappointing career.

This is very true, the hype for him was pretty crazy. Saying he was gonna be LHW and HW champ at the same time, and he never got either belt.

He totally jumped the gun on that prediction.

David Terrell looked great against Lindland & had a ton of hype behind him but fell short to Tanner and the injuries started to pile up & we never got to see his full potential.

Keith Hackney. Why didn't he punch Royce in the balls?!?

Erik Silva
Thatch
Brandon Vera
Johnny Hendricks
Shogun
Mousasi

Erik Silva
Thatch
Brandon Vera
Johnny Hendricks
Shogun
Mousasi

How is Shogun a let down, he was Pride Champion, UFC Champion and only lost his belt to LHW Goat. He did decline due to injuries, but he accomplished way more than most.

Kennedy doesnt belong in this thread hes legit

But i still have a glimmer of hope for brandon thatch, guy looked like a killer at first just too many glaring holes in his game
Yeah Thatch is a good one.
But personally Uriah Hall and Jorge Masvidal.
When Masvidal is ON, he is one of the best strikers in the game.

David Terrell looked great against Lindland & had a ton of hype behind him but fell short to Tanner and the injuries started to pile up & we never got to see his full potential.

Seeing your AV, Lee Murray. So much hype and potential until he pulled off the biggest heist in UK history.

Well I guess if he gets out and recovers his hidden cash then it's not so much a letdown but a letdown nonetheless to MMA fans who wanted to see him fight.

CroCop .....I had a few friends who just watched UFC,back when it shown in the UK tape delayed on Bravo,told them all he'd clean up the HW div.

Hatsu Hioki , was at one point the number 2 Fw in the world . I had been watching him fight for the longest time thinking he dethrone Aldo but it all went downhill from there . Still a fan and hope he has success in Japan.

Lyoto Machida and BJ Penn. Both are UFC Champs, they have many notable victories, they're amazing athletes and fighters, etc...But you get the sense both men could of done so much more with their careers and might have even been able to transcend just being exceptional fighters into true Legends.

For Machida he just stopped growing as a fighter, he stagnated and was figured out. His fights with Shogun, Jones and Weidman probably wrecked his confidence and as a result his performances suffered. Not to mention he was robbed twice in his career AND made the dumbass mistake of fighting Romero as well as taking shit he didn't need.
And I really do think Machida had the tools and skills to put away Shogun, he just had a really off night that first fight. If only he had won in more conclusive fashion...Machida would have probably beaten Tito's record, at the very least.

As for Penn, I think most would agree he got lazy, stopped caring and just generally half assed fights he had no business taking in the first place. Sort of the same deal with Saku...

JonJones.gif

Bingo!

What could have been the greatest run in UFC history....

Back