Which fighter was the biggest let down?

Joeythewho

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Which fighter did you have the most faith in/thought was going to be big then never really took off. Not which fighter had the best credentials (atlthough that could be it too) and then failed but who you personally though was going to be a star.

I heard so many great things about Brandon Thatch and his record before the ufc was so good I thought he'd run through his division.

Dave Herman sold me on his first fight for some reason, thought he'd be like stipe big enough to not get koed by the heavy hitters small enough to out pace em. Even the UFC brass were surprised he couldnt win a fight they gave him big names right away and let him lose 4 in a row before cutting him, like they were determined to let him win a fight.

Tim Kennedy is the opposite after he lost to miller i'm surprised he doesnt lose more. Although in his eyes he undefeated everyone else is a steroid using, stoolgating, ISIS loving greaser

I always said Melvin Guillard had the tools to become champion

JonJones.gif

Daron Cruikshank
David Loiseau
and in before
Huston Alexander and Travis Lutter

Kennedy doesnt belong in this thread hes legit

But i still have a glimmer of hope for brandon thatch, guy looked like a killer at first just too many glaring holes in his game

BJ Penn

Yes, I know he was a two division titlist, but he could have been in GOAT consideration if he took his career more seriously.

Tyson Grifin, he was a young and exciting fighter. Fought like a champion and then all of a sudden it just all went to shit.

Brandon Vera and it's not even close. no one has had a more disappointing career.

Dave Herman is definitely a good example, I think if he would have taken things more seriously he could have been a lot better.

I expected Mousasi to go on a tear but he never has looked the same since he tore his ACL. Also I feel like his mental state changed.

Bobby Green had a lot of potential then he got too caught up with in-fight antics.

I thought Struve would eventually get better at using his reach...

Pat Healy, goes on an amazing run in strike force, Comes in the UFC and finishes Miller who had been looking good. Then he tests positive for weed, has to give back $150k in bonuses plus another fine I think and proceeds to lose 4 in a row and then struggle in smaller orgs. I still feel bad for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back