Which fighter, if he left the UFC, would make you less interested in the UFC?

No one fighter would have that effect on me... sort of silly actually. Unless so called fighter retired, you'd still be able to see him fight somewhere else. Who watches MMA for just one fighter? I would guess certain family members of said fighter, but if you're truly in to MMA, that's just ridiculous.

there's always fighters that interest me, so even if say Jon Jones leaves, there will probably be some new guy who will have a lot of hype behind him.

No one fighter would have that effect on me... sort of silly actually. Unless so called fighter retired, you'd still be able to see him fight somewhere else. Who watches MMA for just one fighter? I would guess certain family members of said fighter, but if you're truly in to MMA, that's just ridiculous.

I know what you mean, but there's fans who worship certain fighters, like anderson silva. If he would leave it you create a huge void in their hearts and they would be sad because he'd be out of the spotlight

BJ Penn and JDS. Silva already proved himself and needs no redemption.

Jon Jones for me. GSP is a great fighter, and one of my favorites, but his fights are kinda your gonna get what your gonna get. Silva simpy won't make an interesting fight happen. JDS just lost. So JJ is the one that has the most going on as far as expectation and quality fights as well. HOwever if he wins 4 more fights at 205 and one of them is NOT Cormier, then he needs to go to HWT. If he does not then he will lose my interest in the same was Silva has.

Anderson. Nick Diaz. The Zombie and Machida. It's not so much I would lose interest in the UFC per say but it would suck losing any of the fighters I find the most entertaining

Id be pretty bummed out if Lyoto walked away from the UFC.

Silva
Machida
Sonnen
JDS
Velasquez
Aldo
Edgar

Pretty much any current champ or contender. Can't think of many fighters that my fandom is really tied to. I like fights, so as long as there IS a UFC, I'll be a fan.

I know what you mean, but there's fans who worship certain fighters, like anderson silva. If he would leave it you create a huge void in their hearts and they would be sad because he'd be out of the spotlight

Those fans need to get out more or they are gonna have lots of sad nights in their future.

Pat Barry for me because of the excitement factor. I don't think I've rooted for one particular guy to win more than I do Barry.

non. i dont watch ufc events for 1 particular fighter i watch it because they put on good shows.

if a guy i liked left then i would follow his career and watch the fights elsewhere just like i did with rumble, AA, jorge santiago.

Fighters don't fight often enough for it to really matter to me. The UFC put on over thirty shows last year so easily over 300 fights. If a favorite fighter left, that would maybe be a change in 1% of the years fights. Hard to get worked up over that.

Anderson Silva has accomplished everything he's needed to. It would actually make the division more interesting if he left.

Back