Which Fighter Has The Most Overrated "Power" In Their Hands?

Hendricks. His vaunted power rests entirely on the Fitch and Kampmann KOs. They're definitely impressive, and I wouldn't call them flukes or anything like that but they're outliers compared to the rest of his body of work. He only had three other finishes in the UFC and none of them were anywhere as close to as mind blowing as those, nor were they were against elite competition. He's had way more fights where he landed cleanly on his opponent and they weathered the storm to make it a competitive fight or defeated him.

Conor 100%.

people act like his left hand is a death touch....it really isn't. Conor has never really been a one-punch-go-to-sleep kind of KO artist (he's more of a TKO guy as Jeremy Stephens put it). The Aldo fight really skewed perceptions on Conor's power. Aldo ran straight into it which made his left look more powerful than it actually is. Everyone he's fought above FW took his left pretty well, with the exception of Eddie (which has more to do with Eddie shrinking under the bright lights and losing confidence in himself than Conor's power being too devastating for him).

Not bright lights but Eddie launched himself into the left hand with his own straight right.

Francis Ngannou

I met him at an airport washroom once. He posts up at the urinal next to me like some weirdo, whips his dick out and starts pissing, and I peek over to get a look at that massive BBC, but instead... Oh man, very sad.

Anyway, I comment to him about it and he decks me from behind, cheap shot as I'm still pissing...

I wake up a few moments later with my face covered in my own urinal piss, but I didn't have any pain in my head or face. Completely overrated power.

<escalate99>

Conor is up there. Fanboys act like he has Mike Tyson power but I don't remember the last time he knocked out someone cold besides Aldo who ran chin up into his punch.

Costa, Lawler, Gaethje are all good answers.

Carwin had legit power but most of his KOs were against scrubs. The two that weren’t — Mir and Gonzaga — came against guys with notoriously shaky chins. He might have hit harder than Francis for all I know but the resume doesn’t show it.

Costa, Lawler, Gaethje are all good answers.

Carwin had legit power but most of his KOs were against scrubs. The two that weren’t — Mir and Gonzaga — came against guys with notoriously shaky chins. He might have hit harder than Francis for all I know but the resume doesn’t show it.

Scrub doesn’t mean a shit chin, nor does it mean automatic KO wins. Nearly every fighter in combat sports history built a resume off scrubs. No one starts out fighting top tier fighters. If good fighters matching up against scrubs equaled automatic knockouts, then every top tier fighter would have a record similar to Carwin’s, but they don’t.

People who make arguments based on what they read on fight finder really do themselves a huge disservice. Watch the fights. There’s no arguing Carwin’s power. He had true, legit, one-punch knockout power. No competent person would argue otherwise.

Back