Which Fighter Has The Most Overrated "Power" In Their Hands?

Conor is p4p hardest puncher in combat sports and he doesnt even rely on it because his precision beats power.

I have so many to name, all the fault of the UFC hype machine and clueless people.

But I would say Jeremy Stephens would be top of the list, always hailed as one of the hardest hitters in the sport by the hapless UFC commentators and broadcasters. No one hits harder than this guy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: some fans have fallen for it but I think most are wise to it. Anyways yeah Stephens is a decision machine unless he gets finished himself, he has had a few finishes but really not many at all and he has to load up and load up like crazy to get any effect

Honestly I think it's John Dodson.

He often caught guys with speed and momentum but I don't think he hit that hard for a fly/bantam.

I think Lineker had better power.

I also don't think Gaethje hits that hard, I consider Poirier way harder hitter.

Jeremy Stephens. He is (or at least was) considered one of the biggest punchers in the sport, but he hasn't knocked anyone out with a punch since Marcus Davis over 10 years ago.

Yeah but most of his career was at 145 and his power was insane… very few guys in lighter weight classes have power like him

Of course if he goes up a weight class it won’t be the same
This! While his power seems to be average at LW, in his FW run his left looked to be every bit as powerful as advertised.. and This isn’t exactly coming from a fan.

stephens, hunt, costa, cannonier, shogun, both of the nog brothers (thought it’s more their boxing skill that’s overrated), fedor, vitor, and countless others. there are far more underrated punchers than overrated punchers though.

Ah, another Conor thread. Great.

This! While his power seems to be average at LW, in his FW run his left looked to be every bit as powerful as advertised.. and This isn’t exactly coming from a fan.
Guys that make this point haven't actually thought of who has power in the lighter weight classes, literally nobody has Mark Hunt consistent one punch KO power lol

Jiri Prochazka

Jan TKOd Reyes with half as many strikes and didn't accidentally get himself knocked out along the way only to wakeup in half guard.

Tyron Woodley ftw...

Back when he was champ, people on here were ranting about his mad power.

Conor 100%.

people act like his left hand is a death touch....it really isn't. Conor has never really been a one-punch-go-to-sleep kind of KO artist (he's more of a TKO guy as Jeremy Stephens put it). The Aldo fight really skewed perceptions on Conor's power. Aldo ran straight into it which made his left look more powerful than it actually is. Everyone he's fought above FW took his left pretty well, with the exception of Eddie (which has more to do with Eddie shrinking under the bright lights and losing confidence in himself than Conor's power being too devastating for him).

Eddie took a dive for six million

Probably Carwin. Of couse he was a monster sized guy that hit hard but people on here talked like he was the hardest puncher in combat sports history when there is really very little evidence of that. He only really straight up KO'd one or two guys in his whole career and they were cans (Christian Wellisch and Neil Slaton ?!?). His KO over Gonzaga was assisted by Gonzaga hitting his chin on his knee on the way down. He couldn't TKO Brock with repeated power ground punches and it took him like 20-25 unanswered blows to elicit a TKO on Frank Mir. Again, he was a huge guy who obviously hit hard but I never saw any evidence that he was this Foreman/Shavers type power puncher.

Probably Carwin. Of couse he was a monster sized guy that hit hard but people on here talked like he was the hardest puncher in combat sports history when there is really very little evidence of that. He only really straight up KO'd one or two guys in his whole career and they were cans (Christian Wellisch and Neil Slaton ?!?). His KO over Gonzaga was assisted by Gonzaga hitting his chin on his knee on the way down. He couldn't TKO Brock with repeated power ground punches and it took him like 20-25 unanswered blows to elicit a TKO on Frank Mir. Again, he was a huge guy who obviously hit hard but I never saw any evidence that he was this Foreman/Shavers type power puncher.
this guy is overhyped as hell ....homey had 6 fights in the ufc and lost 2 of them

Yeah but most of his career was at 145 and his power was insane… very few guys in lighter weight classes have power like him

Of course if he goes up a weight class it won’t be the same
connor was oversized for 145 only reason he had power there and not 155. REAL POWER carries over, like Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson...but most notably Anthony "Rumble" Johnson.. he had 1 shot KOs as WW, MW, LHW and HW..now thats power

Back