Which fighter gets the most goodwill from Sherdog by division?

I don't see a lot of hate for Stipe and Amanda but they don't have tons of fans either.
Maybe because sayin' outright what one thinks of Nunes will lead to dubs straight away ?

Condit/Maia
Ferguson/Vannata
Holloway
Cruz

Coenen has been tapped frequently, and McMann, has never shown anything special in MMA, which is too bad, as I like her.
McMann just tapped Davis and by the standard that Tate is mediocre and not even "good", Ronda is basically the only good grappler.

Also *rimshot* you'd probably give Shevchenko credit if she beat McMann lol.

LHW has to be Shogun and WW Maia.

Funny thing. A lot of brazilian fighters are hated in here, but on the other hand a lot of the favorites are brazilians as well for being always humble and chill (Cigano, Shogun, Barão, Werdum before he was champion, Jacaré, Minotauro, Maia, etc.)

McMann just tapped Davis and by the standard that Tate is mediocre and not even "good", Ronda is basically the only good grappler.

Also *rimshot* you'd probably give Shevchenko credit if she beat McMann lol.

Nah, I have been critical of Val's grappling, despite her MS of sport in Judo. Davis was good, but her skills have fallen off. Really, I think three kids would do that to any woman, no idea how she manages to train at all.

But in terms of skill at grappling, Ronda, despite my dislike of her, is far above the rest, and you can see how her game evolved during her MMA career (changing her execution of throws to avoid giving up her back, the shit she did against Zingano, etc.).

But in terms of skill at grappling, Ronda, despite my dislike of her, is far above the rest, and you can see how her game evolved during her MMA career (changing her execution of throws to avoid giving up her back, the shit she did against Zingano, etc.).
No doubt but it's still strange to say only one person is even "good" rather than just the best.

Lots of these divisions don't have outright Sherdog Darlings, but I'll do my best for the ones that don't:

HW: Werdum?
LHW: Maybe Rumble (odd considering his extra-curricular activities)
MW: Bisping actually (how times change)
WW: Nick Diaz (True Sherdog Darling)
LW: Nate Diaz (True Sherdog Darling)
FW: BJ Penn (True Sherdog Darling)
BW: Cruz
FLW: Nobody. All are ridiculed and bashed.
WBW: Veronica Macedo (should be everyone's darling)
SW: Would have said Joanna, but she has attracted some haters, so probably Karolina

No doubt but it's still strange to say only one person is even "good" rather than just the best.

Okay, she is the best, particularly in comparison to a bunch of women with mediocre grappling. Many of the women who have good BJJ have shit wrestling, or vice-versa. Most women limit themselves to a couple of different takedowns, for example (other than Zingano) but Ronda used at least five different throws and sweeps (and a single / pick) against her fight with Tate.

I assure you I am just as critical of striking defense, particularly in WMMA, and I am a fan of WMMA. Nunes is probably the most well-rounded in terms of integrating striking or grappling, but even her takedowns suffer a bit. She is at least smart enough to beat people's heads in first. And I hope she does it again Dec. 30th.

Back