Which fighter do you want to see Cruz fight? Dillashaw rematch, Faber 3, Barao, or Sterling?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Takamine86, Feb 14, 2016.

?

Who do you want to see Cruz fight next?

1. TJ Dillashaw 2

18.8%
  2. Urijah Faber 3

23.4%
  3. Renan Barao

21.9%
  4. Aljamain Sterling

17.2%
  5. Raphael Assuncao

10.9%
  6. Other

7.8%
  1. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

Or Assuncao?

1) Barao (The fight we never got to see due to Cruz injuries. Hope he comes back to BW.)
    2) Sterling (A new undefeated contender. Hope the UFC keeps him.)
    3) Dillashaw (Had a close fight with Cruz. But I'd like to see him welcome Dodson back to BW for a chance to avenge his loss.)
    4) Faber (Not really interested in this one to be honest. I don't think Faber has anything for Cruz.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Black Belt

Barao. He's the next best after TJ and, like you said, we never got to see this fight.

3. Quinton Fields

Quinton Fields Banned Banned

Barao is done at 135 now that the IV ban is in play, I'd like to see him fight Faber then I'd like to see Edgar drop down and then Cruz could take him to school and show him some real footwork.

Takamine86 likes this.
  4. lykae23

lykae23 Student of the Gentle Art

Out of those? Dillashaw, I guess, though I suspect it'll end up being Faber. The winner of Sterling (assuming he sticks around) and Almeida would be my top pick.

5. Selukrid612

Selukrid612 Red Belt

I'm already looking forward to the TJ rematch and think it's the best fight that can be made, but I think they should fight other people first. Urijah makes the most sense, but he's looked very shaky lately and appears to be on the decline. Barao definitely needs to win a few fights to get his confidence back and Sterling is not ready to fight elite strikers that can stuff his takedowns.

JSkillz, Alanf7 and Fatal Catro like this.
  6. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

[​IMG]

Edgar is waiting for that money fight with McGregor though but that would be interesting.

Quinton Fields likes this.
  7. muaytao

muaytao Brown Belt

Faber. So i can bet on cruz and make easy money.

Drake likes this.
  8. Jay philips

Jay philips Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Raphael Assuncao should get it in my opinion just something besides a rematch

Drake and muaytao like this.
  9. maxi diablo

maxi diablo Black Belt

Cruz vs Almeida is very intriguing.

10. johncola

johncola Red Belt

I totally disagree about Barao. He had serious troubles with the weight and was totally destroyed TWICE by Dillashaw. What more reason does one need to change weight class? Cruz is a bad style matchup for Barao too. He'd only have a puncher's (and kicker's) chance, since Cruz's movement will be too much, he'll be more active on the feet, and the one getting takedowns if either of them do.

Dillashaw II and Faber III are the obvious fights. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those fights. Aljamain Sterling is the best of the rest of the division. I really hope he re-signs with the UFC. The dark horse options are Frankie Edgar coming down in weight or Mighty Mouse coming up in weight. But that looks unlikely until at least the second half of the year.

Edit: I totally forgot about Assuncao. I still wouldn't pick him to get the shot though. His layoff has been a very big one. I think he should rematch either Faber or Dillashaw (whichever one doesn't get the title shot). If Faber and Dillashaw fight each other, then Assuncao would have to fight someone else. Still not Cruz though. Sterling makes more sense.

Takamine86 likes this.
  11. cyrusthevyrus

cyrusthevyrus Black Belt

12. qw3rty

qw3rty R.I.P @FrankieNYC

Faber 3

TJ vs Assuncao 2 winner

Sterling or Almeida depends on who get the best wins (I dont see UFC putting them against each other)

Barao wont be back

13. 2sk

2sk Purple Belt

14. Takamine86

Takamine86 Black Belt

Dillashaw and Cruz are similar but Dillashaw actually has some power to go along with his speed. So yes, Dillashaw did beat Barao, doesn't necessarily mean Cruz would though. Which is why I'd like to see that fight. But as Quinton said, with the IV ban it is unlikely Barao returns to BW. :(

15. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

And that belt.

16. Rittsy

Rittsy Red Belt

Faber is the likely fight. I wouldn't mind seeing the rivalry 'end' with the Trilogy.

Dillashaw is his biggest test still, but I really don't want to see the rematch yet.

maxi diablo likes this.
  17. Drake

Drake Guest

Domin8r beats 'em all, don't matter. I think Assuncao is most deserving though... If he's ready after his layoff.

Almeida would get schooled if they fought right now.

18. VuvuzelaBzz

VuvuzelaBzz Wobbly of Leg

Voted Dillasaw, but we all know the UFC doesn't do instant rematches if the first fight was close. Taking that into consideration, the ideal scenario is probably Cruz/Faber III and Dillashaw/Assuncao II for the shot, if Assuncao is healthy.

19. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

trash talk and then outpoint someone barely/lose - not sure im into that personally - good luck

cling to his one recent finish if you need to - dillashaw and sterling are both fine though for next fights

20. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Orange Belt

Voted for other, interested in seeing how MM would do in a rematch. Though still want to see the other fights.

Wand_Storm likes this.