Which fighter changed your view of them the most in their career?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by EGarrett, Sep 9, 2018.

1. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

Which fighter made you do the biggest turnaround on them by their words/actions etc. during their career?

I'll start by saying Tyron Woodley. He has had a long journey and met a lot of challenges people didn't think he could.

LouisBolanos likes this.
  2. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Before Ronda got KTFO by Holm I thought she was a once ever athlete

After she got KTFO by Holm I thought she's a DNB.

3. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Probably Bisping.

Thought he was a try-hard and loud mouth early on, but he kept at it, then KTFO Salt-hold and became champ, and his trash talk actually became funny after a while. lol

4. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

Bisping also. Thought he was a legend his entire career. Then he KOd Rocksalt and became a Demi-God the likes of which we would never see again.

Espresso, thobra and LouisBolanos like this.
  5. Agnawedbone

Agnawedbone Red Belt

moicic. was very surprised by his title run. honestly don't blame myself too much for it, he got koed by struve for fuck's sake.

6. Noleggeisha

Noleggeisha Purple Belt

Probably Rose. Thought she was a weak minded nature worshiping dog loving hippie. That 1st rnd KO was the sweetest surprise of all.

7. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

<{clintugh}>

Maybe when Callum goes to college you can move in to the Bisping household and become their adopted son.

wilKO likes this.
  8. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

I came to say Bisping, but maybe Jones. I hated him at first, though I thought he was amazing, and then he just became this kind of shitty person just as I was becoming a fan. Now I want him to come back just to see him get his ass kicked, but I don't think anyone at LHW can pull it off.

9. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

Jimmy Hettes. I was riding his hype train until he disappeared. I gave up hope. His Suolev stretch victory tonight made me a fan again

10. thobra

thobra Black Belt

For me it is Conor. I have betted against him in all his fights. I was sure Dustin would smoke him, and when he took the short notice fight vs Mendes, I was sure we were getting rid of the loudmouth. I am a life long fan of Eddie, and I saw no way Conor could win... Now I am betting on him vs Khabib.

Espresso and wilKO like this.
  11. chaos_36

chaos_36 DOOM all capitals no trick spelling.

I fucking hated Matt Hughes almost his entire career and then I don't know what happened but I ended up rooting for him in the latter half of his career.
    Jon Jones is the opposite to Hughes. Loved him for almost his entire career and then found myself unable to keep making excuses for his continual fuck ups and glaring character flaws. I don't give a fuck how good of a fighter the guy is I can never cheer for him again.

12. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

Not the BIGGEST turnaround, but I've grown to respect DC a lot.
    I thought he was being a baby over the original beef with Jon, but ive respected him more with each of his fights and learning more about him as a person

Espresso likes this.
  13. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

I wish buddeh

LouisBolanos likes this.
  14. TSK

TSK Brown Belt

Matt Serra. Couldn’t stand him early on but gained a lot of respect for him over the years.

15. emax

emax Black Belt

Matt Hughes - I went through a period of finding him as insufferable as many other Sherdoggers and then somehow grew to appreciate what he brought to the table. He's a vital reason why so many wrestlers realized they have a lucrative path post amateur wrestling outside of "sports entertainment". May be an unpopular view but I think he's arguably one of the ten most important fighters in MMA history.

Dominic Cruz - Can't quite put my finger on why I used to be averse to the guy and can't quite put my finger on how I became a fan but yeah, it did happen. Seeing his enthusiasm for the sport was probably an important feature.

Bisping and Sonnen - I've grown to see that in their own way they've become crucial to the sport getting the coverage it needs to be more marketable and thus turn higher revenues

Rose Namajumas - I also figured she was destined to be middle of the road and did not see her title win coming

Cyborg - The way she's put so many fighters on edge so damn long has made it awfully hard not to come around at least to some extent